Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

NHS Discounts

G4Grandad
Level 3: Thinker
  • 39 Posts
  • 8 Topics
  • 1 Solutions
A salesperson in an O2 store asked if I knew anyone who worked in the NHS. I said yes,two off our friends are student nurses. He told me that this would entitle me to a discount on the call time part of mutt refresh contract if I wanted to change my phone and take out a new refresh contract for 24 months with him. All he needed to do this was the NHS worker's name. This sounded too good to be true? Can someone give me an answer on this before I sign up again,please?
Message 1 of 14
13 REPLIES 13

Cleoriff
Level 94: Supreme
  • 122905 Posts
  • 826 Topics
  • 7468 Solutions

@RCL wrote:
Hi my son works for mcDonalds he gets open codes it can be used for upto 5 people at a time and just renewed my refresh tariff for me on Christmas Eve

I don't suppose that is the Open Code for NHS workers though?.... At one point you had to give proof you worked for the NHS....

Veritas Numquam Perit

Girl in a jacket
Message 11 of 14

G4Grandad
Level 3: Thinker
  • 39 Posts
  • 8 Topics
  • 1 Solutions
Thanks but I think Cleoriff is spot on. The sales guy was just too slick to be trusted. I've worked out the full cost to change and, wether I got the call time discount our not(which I doubt) he'd offered me a poor deal on the handset. It was a never to be repeated,grab it now Black Friday deal. He'd actually loaded the big discount on the handset cash upfront price onto the DD payments when I took the time to work out the full cost to change. I'm only asking now as there are some genuine sakes offers and the call cost discount would've swung it for me. Many thanks to all.
Message 12 of 14

RCL
Level 5: Ponderer
  • 92 Posts
  • 11 Topics
  • 2 Solutions
It's not NHS but he had to get a code from his work site send it to O2 and they generated the offer code and just showed it to the salesman in store then sent text to O2 after the sale to get discount applied it took 2 working days to be applied
Message 13 of 14

Cleoriff
Level 94: Supreme
  • 122905 Posts
  • 826 Topics
  • 7468 Solutions

@RCL wrote:
It's not NHS but he had to get a code from his work site send it to O2 and they generated the offer code and just showed it to the salesman in store then sent text to O2 after the sale to get discount applied it took 2 working days to be applied

That may be the way round it then...I wasn't sure if it had changed. When I worked in the NHS I wasn't with O2 but two of my nursing students were. They had to (then) fill in details of works number,place of work etc......before being issued with the discount as it was then..I don't even think it was a code.

Well I am glad its a lot more 'Open' now then. It was us and them before..Smiley Very Happy

Veritas Numquam Perit

Girl in a jacket
Message 14 of 14