cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

My new business contract

Anonymous
Not applicable
Hello. I am on a new first time contract. But for some reason the guy in the shop put me on a business contract! I'm not with any company at all. My account says I'm the director of my own company using my real name as the business name! I have free calls to the office, which is the same phone number as my phone!

The advisor in the shop also clearly stated that I can use the MyO2 app to check my account!?

Is there anyway to change my account to a normal consumer one?

Thanks for any advice,
Jamjam
Message 1 of 24
1 ACCEPTED SOLUTION

Accepted Solutions

MI5
Level 94: Supreme
  • 143403 Posts
  • 632 Topics
  • 27489 Solutions
Do it immediately and within 14 days and you can cancel and ensure you take out a consumer contract next time.
I have no affiliation whatsoever with O2 or any subsidiary companies. Comments posted are entirely of my own opinion. This is not Customer Service so we are unable to help with account specific issues.

Currently using:
Pixel 7a (O2 & Lyca), One Plus 6 (Sfr), iPhone 12 Pro Max (Vodafone)

View solution in original post

Message 2 of 24
23 REPLIES 23

MI5
  • 143403 Posts
  • 632 Topics
  • 27489 Solutions
Do it immediately and within 14 days and you can cancel and ensure you take out a consumer contract next time.
I have no affiliation whatsoever with O2 or any subsidiary companies. Comments posted are entirely of my own opinion. This is not Customer Service so we are unable to help with account specific issues.

Currently using:
Message 2 of 24

Cleoriff
  • 122357 Posts
  • 824 Topics
  • 7457 Solutions

@MI5 wrote:

And pretty poor service from the shop assistant if I may say so... slight_frown

Veritas Numquam Perit

Girl in a jacket
Message 3 of 24

jonsie
  • 92910 Posts
  • 608 Topics
  • 6913 Solutions

The idiot instore (or maybe just being far to clever) gets more commission for a business contract than a consumer contract. Cancel now and get what you should have been given in the first place.

Also report him or her via email here...

http://www.o2.co.uk/how-to-complain

Message 4 of 24

Cleoriff
  • 122357 Posts
  • 824 Topics
  • 7457 Solutions

@jonsie wrote:

The idiot instore (or maybe just being far to clever) gets more commission for a business contract than a consumer contract. Cancel now and get what you should have been given in the first place.

Also report him or her via email here...

http://www.o2.co.uk/how-to-complain

I did not know that about the commission @jonsie. Quite a nefarious practice then...Shocked

Veritas Numquam Perit

Girl in a jacket
Message 5 of 24

MI5
  • 143403 Posts
  • 632 Topics
  • 27489 Solutions
That's why Aerial are only interested in business contracts......

Currently using:
Message 6 of 24

jonsie
  • 92910 Posts
  • 608 Topics
  • 6913 Solutions

Happens frequently. My poor friend who died of cancer had two business contracts sold by the o2 store in Bolton. The guy was retired and his wife here on a 12 month visa. Sharp practice but I didn't get involved until winding up his estate and repatriating his wife back to Thailand. On cancelling the contracts I asked how on earth he was put on business contract when he was retired. Must have asked for it was the reply....yeah and the moon is made of green cheese...

Message 7 of 24

Anonymous
Not applicable

Hi @Anonymous

You can use my O2 business, you need to register for it. you can do it online or trough customer services.

As for you having a business account.... you are not suppose to but you can if you want to...

The question you need to ask yourself is, are you better off with it...

If you don't mind me asking what deal did you get? Did you mention to the advisor that you call landlines a lot?

Message 8 of 24

Cleoriff
  • 122357 Posts
  • 824 Topics
  • 7457 Solutions

@jonsie wrote:

Happens frequently. My poor friend who died of cancer had two business contracts sold by the o2 store in Bolton. The guy was retired and his wife here on a 12 month visa. Sharp practice but I didn't get involved until winding up his estate and repatriating his wife back to Thailand. On cancelling the contracts I asked how on earth he was put on business contract when he was retired. Must have asked for it was the reply....yeah and the moon is made of green cheese...

I remember you settling your friends affairs @jonsie...Sharp practice indeed slight_frown

Veritas Numquam Perit

Girl in a jacket
Message 9 of 24

MI5
  • 143403 Posts
  • 632 Topics
  • 27489 Solutions
No need or benefit for an average consumer to have a business account.
Even if you did call landlines a lot, they are all included in inclusive minutes on consumer tariffs......

Currently using:
Message 10 of 24