cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

My Family Discount Not Being Applied to Some Members

Anonymous
Not applicable

Hi, sorry about the complicated situation, but essentially, I'm part of my mum's 'My Family' group on O2, it's confirmed by my number being listed on her My O2 page as being part of the group. However, since I transferred my number from Pay Monthly to Pay & Go (over one week ago) I am now charged for calls and messages to other members of the group. Strangely, it appears that my mum still gets free calls and texts to me. However, it's a bit annoying as the whole point in switching to prepay was to save money and I'm not benefiting from the scheme my mum pays £7 a month for.

As a solution, I tried to delete my number in the hope of readding it, but when I did that it said my dad's number was not eligible, despite him being part of our group for a number of years.

Sorry about the long winded post, but I wanted to make sure everything was explained thoroughly. I have a feeling that there is not a lot I can do other than speak with an advisor (who are all busy).

Thanks!

Message 1 of 12
11 REPLIES 11

Anonymous
Not applicable
I'm still having a lot of trouble with this unfortunately. After many days waiting it's finally removed from my mum's account and now when tryng to set it up on my dad's account I get the message: 'A problem occurred, your account may not be eligible for the O2 Family Bolt On.'

This is really ridiculous as he was a member of the previous group that I only closed because of the fact I was being charged for calls. I'm sorry, but it seems My O2 is terrible and needs fixing.

Whenever I contact O2 it seems there is limited help they can give which usually involves inconvenient work arounds (like I have tried already) or something which I have already tried. I think I have exhausted all possibilities and am already somewhat out of pocket as I cannot add these things myself it seems. I really need an advisor to do something behing the scenes (ie. something I can't just do myself on My O2 as they usually suggest).
Message 11 of 12

Anonymous
Not applicable

I know how you feel I had to wait 2 months for them to sort my family bolt on out every customer service person I spoke to said I will fill in a form and send it to our technical department in the end I had to make a formal complaint and that got things moving o2 really don't seem to properly support this service that they provide the customer side of managing your family has been down for about 6 months again I have reported it many times but they don't seem to want to know its a shame really because I normally find o2 cs the best

Message 12 of 12