cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Pay & GGG sim ordered, a couple of questions

Anonymous
Not applicable

Well, I finally did it, ordered my Pay + GGG sim, just a couple of questions before it arrives if you'd be so kind:

1. I'm guessing that I have to activate the sim and then carry out the pac code stuff to keep my number.

2. If I set it up at the beginning of January and pay my first £10 then top up another £10 before the end of january will I get the extra data allowance (I notice the offer has been extended) or is there something else I need to do?

3. After 2 I presume that I'm better setting up an auto top up credit thingymagig so that I top up up £10 automatically on a set date each month rather than having to remember?

Message 1 of 12
1 ACCEPTED SOLUTION

Accepted Solutions

Liquid
Level 44: Clearly Talented
  • 5942 Posts
  • 98 Topics
  • 305 Solutions

Date to date by the look of it. (edit: im an idiot:D)
http://service.o2.co.uk/IQ/SRVS/CGI-BIN/WEBCGI.EXE?New,KB=Companion,question=ref(user):str(Mobile),C...
I really have no idea why O2 call it that I can only presume its supposed to mean the monthly anniversary of signing up with O2.

Ooo I most defiantly am enjoying it. vodka on ice:) yum!

Nothing sucks more than that moment during an argument when you realize you’re wrong. So Ive been told wink

View solution in original post

Message 9 of 12
11 REPLIES 11

Liquid
  • 5942 Posts
  • 98 Topics
  • 305 Solutions

Hiya:)

1) sorry I can't remember are you coming from another network? If so then yes get the sim activated then call CS and use the PAC code to port your number over:)

2)LIMITED OFFER Pay & Go Go Go: Extra data every month, for 6 months, when you top-up before 24th December. Get an extra 150MB data on £10 tariff or 250MB on £20 tariff.

Unfortunatly I think you've missed the deal sorry:( 

EDIT: found the revised one sorry. It looks as though you'd only need to set up the account and make sure you pay the £10 to activate the Service + extra.

3)be the best idea to make sure you don't miss out on your anniversary. You could set the minimum at £10 so everytime you use your allowance and then don't have enough for the next month you'll too up by £5 ready for the next anniversary. (Make sense?)

Nothing sucks more than that moment during an argument when you realize you’re wrong. So Ive been told wink
Message 2 of 12

adamtemp64
Level 66: Unequalled
  • 16454 Posts
  • 312 Topics
  • 1316 Solutions

Extra data offer extended until end jan 2013

iPhone 11 Pro 256gb on unlimited data
iPad Pro 12.9” 2020 256gb refresh o2 family discount
Apple Watch series 4
My first mobile was in 1995 a CM-R111 from sony on Cellnet.
Wincanton South Somerset (Full 4g 3G 2g indoor coverage) Remember we are all customers here not customer services

Message 3 of 12

Liquid
  • 5942 Posts
  • 98 Topics
  • 305 Solutions
Sorry found it and was editing while you posted haha. Oops. Sorry op
Message 4 of 12

Anonymous
Not applicable
Cheers, yes I'm coming from another network. The deal has been extended to 31st January so hopefully I'll get in in time. You've lost me with the £5, is this the lower limit for credit meaning it would trigger a top up at that point?
Message 5 of 12

Liquid
  • 5942 Posts
  • 98 Topics
  • 305 Solutions
Sorry I've had a couple and I'm not the best at explaining things haha.

Set the lower limit at £10 you should be able to specify an auto top up amount of £5 then as soon as you drop below £10 it will too up by £5.

then at least you will always have enough in your account come anniversary time:)
Message 6 of 12

Anonymous
Not applicable
Hope you're enjoying whatever you're drinking, I'm on Lapphtaig at the moment, hic. That was another thing, I understand the 'anniversary' is when your credit expires i.e. a month from when you've put it on but why is it called an anniversary and is a month classed as 30 days or is it just date to date
Message 7 of 12

Anonymous
Not applicable
Sorry, Laphraig ..... Darned phone lol
Message 8 of 12

Liquid
  • 5942 Posts
  • 98 Topics
  • 305 Solutions

Date to date by the look of it. (edit: im an idiot:D)
http://service.o2.co.uk/IQ/SRVS/CGI-BIN/WEBCGI.EXE?New,KB=Companion,question=ref(user):str(Mobile),C...
I really have no idea why O2 call it that I can only presume its supposed to mean the monthly anniversary of signing up with O2.

Ooo I most defiantly am enjoying it. vodka on ice:) yum!

Message 9 of 12

Anonymous
Not applicable
Thanks very much you've been very helpful, I'm sure I'll be back before New Year but if not have a good one
Message 10 of 12