cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

My Family Discount Not Being Applied to Some Members

Anonymous
Not applicable

Hi, sorry about the complicated situation, but essentially, I'm part of my mum's 'My Family' group on O2, it's confirmed by my number being listed on her My O2 page as being part of the group. However, since I transferred my number from Pay Monthly to Pay & Go (over one week ago) I am now charged for calls and messages to other members of the group. Strangely, it appears that my mum still gets free calls and texts to me. However, it's a bit annoying as the whole point in switching to prepay was to save money and I'm not benefiting from the scheme my mum pays £7 a month for.

As a solution, I tried to delete my number in the hope of readding it, but when I did that it said my dad's number was not eligible, despite him being part of our group for a number of years.

Sorry about the long winded post, but I wanted to make sure everything was explained thoroughly. I have a feeling that there is not a lot I can do other than speak with an advisor (who are all busy).

Thanks!

Message 1 of 12
11 REPLIES 11

Anonymous
Not applicable

You are right. Its a call into customer service I am afraid. Sorry.

I am not sure if what you have done fits in with the criteria. You changing your contract is maybe the issue. 

Need to have a read through it all. which I will do shortly.

Message 2 of 12

Anonymous
Not applicable

Have you added a bolt on to your PAYG?

Message 3 of 12

Anonymous
Not applicable

Hi, thanks for the response, I added the International Caller one off £4.99 bolt on. That is actually another problem I am having. On my O2 account I can't see details or Bolt Ons I have.

For My O2 account summary

It says: Unfortunately you can't change your tariff at the moment.<br/>There's a technical problem. For help, contact customer service.

And for My Bolt Ons summary

It says: The subscriber is not a valid Prepay customer

It has sais that since my number was transferrer to prepay.

Thanks again.

Message 4 of 12

Anonymous
Not applicable

I think you have caused a computer meltdown with the accounts lol
 Just read through the online brief and it is a mind field. 

Did you keep the same number when swapping from contract to payg?

Message 5 of 12

Anonymous
Not applicable

Ok, looking at the brief it says you can not be a pay monthly customer with a bolt on and enjoy the benefits of the family and friends bolt on. 

If you have kept your number than I suspect the system still has you as a contract customer rather than a new PAYG customer. 

It also says you can only add one new customer every thirty days so I wonder if you playing with the account has caused the 'computer says No' problem.

Message 6 of 12

Anonymous
Not applicable
Thanks for your help, I will investigate those possibilities, but I guess I'll have to talk with an advisor to clarify further though. The site seems to have been pretty dodgy of late though, maybe with the recent upgrades. Thanks anyway, much appreciated!
Message 7 of 12

Anonymous
Not applicable

My pleasure, let us know how you get on as it may help others.

Message 8 of 12

jonsie
Level 94: Supreme
  • 93229 Posts
  • 609 Topics
  • 6976 Solutions

I think steersy has it right and you have possibly fallen foul of the 30 day rule. Speak to customer service and I'm sure they can sort it out for you.

Message 9 of 12

Anonymous
Not applicable
Thanks guys, in the end I spoke with someone on the webchat and it seems there was not a lot that could be done. I couldn't even remove my number from my mum's account to re-add it and reactivate it. Her only solution was go into an O2 shop, but I took the best work around as being remove the bolt on from my mum's account, which I've done already and then when it's been actioned to all people in the group I'll re-add it ito my dad's plan. Hopefully thay will work and I'll be included in the My Family again.

Thanks for your help anyway.
Message 10 of 12