cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Moving to pay monthly

Anonymous
Not applicable

Hi everyone,

I'm just about to move to pay monthly and appriciate some feedback on handsets. 

The ones that are available are here: http://www.o2.co.uk/movetopaymonthly

Ideally I want to go for the £11/month option as I'm not a heavy user, and have originally gone for the Lumia 520, which is great although Windows Phone doesn't look as intuative as Android or iOS. But I think it's performance is probably lots better than an Android phone on the same offer.

What do people think? 

The other thing is that I would like to use TU Go, but there's no Windows Phone 8 version out yet.

Bottom line is that I'm thinking of returning the Nokia to exchange for an Android - the Sony Xperia J for £16/month looked okay but reviews say it's VERY slow; can anyone confirm that?

Thanks!

Nick

Message 1 of 7
6 REPLIES 6

Anonymous
Not applicable

I'm afraid I cant confirm whether that phone is slow but I have heard that windows phones are very lacking in their apps and seem to be getting worse I personally wouldn't go for a windows phone

Message 2 of 7

Liquid
Level 44: Clearly Talented
  • 5942 Posts
  • 98 Topics
  • 305 Solutions
I will concur I'd advise against windows for now. They have such a small market share that no one writes apps for them.

I'd honestly go the android route.

If you state your ideal max monthly expenditure and what you need I'm sure we can recommend some great phones for you:)
Nothing sucks more than that moment during an argument when you realize you’re wrong. So Ive been told wink
Message 3 of 7

MI5
Level 94: Supreme
  • 144166 Posts
  • 634 Topics
  • 27624 Solutions
The LG Optimus L5 is about the best of the phones on offer, but in all honesty they are all dross that they are trying to get rid of......
I have no affiliation whatsoever with O2 or any subsidiary companies. Comments posted are entirely of my own opinion. This is not Customer Service so we are unable to help with account specific issues.

Currently using:
Pixel 7a (O2 & Lyca), One Plus 6 (Sfr), iPhone 12 Pro Max (Vodafone)
Message 4 of 7

Toby
Former Staff
  • 11577 Posts
  • 520 Topics
  • 213 Solutions
Hi Nick,

Are you leaning towards a device yet? There's too much choice out there!

Cheers, Toby
Fancy writing a great device review or O2 forum guide? Send me a message!

Get involved:
• New to the community? This is how you get help.
• Want to know who we are? Come and say hi to us.
• Want to have a chat? Drop me a direct message.

Message 5 of 7

Anonymous
Not applicable
I can advise, either iPhone 5 but it won't be able to run 4g when its available & the 3 android phones I can think of are the s3, s3 mini & s4
Message 6 of 7

jonsie
Level 94: Supreme
  • 93177 Posts
  • 609 Topics
  • 6967 Solutions

Won't get much choice I'm afraid on your chosen tariff. It would be better if you could afford a little more each month. Better yet, save and buy a phone sim free and get a Simplicity sim only deal.

Message 7 of 7