Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Moorcroft Debt Recovery

Phil22
Level 1: Joiner
  • 2 Posts
  • 1 Topics
  • 0 Solutions
I have been sent a debt recovery letter from Moorcroft Debt Recovery but I've literally just paid my latest bill in full. I've tried contacting O2 but can't get to speak to anyone. Moorcroft have added an admin charge of £6.71 to the £54.62 I supposedly owe. Is this genuine? Should I contact Moorcroft and pay? Why haven't I been contacted by O2 before this?
Message 1 of 5
4 REPLIES 4

MI5
Level 94: Supreme
  • 144168 Posts
  • 634 Topics
  • 27624 Solutions

@Phil22 

You should contact Moorcroft now as O2 have sold your debt, they won't be interested anymore.

I have no affiliation whatsoever with O2 or any subsidiary companies. Comments posted are entirely of my own opinion. This is not Customer Service so we are unable to help with account specific issues.

Currently using:
Pixel 7a (O2 & Lyca), One Plus 6 (Sfr), iPhone 12 Pro Max (Vodafone)
Message 2 of 5

Phil22
Level 1: Joiner
  • 2 Posts
  • 1 Topics
  • 0 Solutions
I'm not sure I have a debt though. I've not been contacted by O2.to say there was anything outstanding. Is Moorcroft a genuine company or a scammer?
Message 3 of 5

MI5
  • 144168 Posts
  • 634 Topics
  • 27624 Solutions

@Phil22 

It is the company that O2 sell debts onto, yes, genuine. 

I have no affiliation whatsoever with O2 or any subsidiary companies. Comments posted are entirely of my own opinion. This is not Customer Service so we are unable to help with account specific issues.

Currently using:
Pixel 7a (O2 & Lyca), One Plus 6 (Sfr), iPhone 12 Pro Max (Vodafone)
Message 4 of 5

jonsie
  • 93177 Posts
  • 609 Topics
  • 6967 Solutions

O2 sell their debts on to Moorcroft. You need to contact Moorcroft and tell them that the debt has been settled. Moorcroft may still charge you a legitimate admin charge.

You also need to contact O2 to have the debt removed from your credit file.

Contact details:
CreditFileReferrals@o2.com
Credit File Referrals Team
Suite P
Arlington Business Centre
Leeds
LS11 0NE
Fax 0113 2025865

Message 5 of 5