Did you mean: 

Mobile Data not working

GJF
Level 1: Joiner
  • 5 Posts
  • 1 Topics
  • 0 Solutions
Hi there,
On Monday morning the 4g on Samsung Galaxy S9 stopped working completely and hasn't been working since. When using mobile data the 4g icon is visible at the top of my screen however only one arrow is lit up underneath it. This is the arrow pointing up the way. The arrow pointing down is permanently greyed out. I have reset my phone, force restarted it, reset network settings and it still won't work. Obviously I am unable to take my phone into a store just now so any help/suggestions would be much appreciated!
Message 1 of 12
11 REPLIES 11

O2Dan
O2 Support
O2 Support
  • 12 Posts
  • 0 Topics
  • 1 Solutions

Hi @GJF 

Have you checked your myO2 account to check you have data remaining?

signature
Message 2 of 12

O2Hannah
O2 Support
O2 Support
  • 25 Posts
  • 0 Topics
  • 0 Solutions

Oh dear! 😞 I'll see if I can suggest a few things. It's something I have seen in store a couple of times!

1. Have you double checked your APN settings? 

Type the following:
  • Name: o2 Internet.
  • APN: mobile.o2.co.uk (PAYG: payandgo.o2.co.uk)
  • Username: o2web (PAYG: payandgo)
  • Password: password.
  • MMS Proxy: 82.132. 254.1.
  • MMS Port: 8080.
  • Authentication type: PAP.
  • APN type: If you're given a choice of options, pick internet+mms. If the keyboard shows, type in a * symbol.

2. Do you have any other network sim cards available to test in your handset? This will help us determine whether it is a network fault or a handset fault.

3. Have you requested a sim swap from customer services? Call 202 for pay monthly or 4445 for pay and go. But please bare with them, they're very busy at present. 

4. Failing the sim swap, there may be a cheeky setting hidden somewhere in the depths of your account! I know we sometimes get the odd crossed wire. It's no ones fault, it happens to the best of us!

In this case, I would get in touch with customer services and see if you can escalate the issue to one of our lovely gurus. Someone from customer services should be able to have a good dig around the account and fix it for you.

Hannah

signature
Message 3 of 12

GJF
  • 5 Posts
  • 1 Topics
  • 0 Solutions
Yes I have, I still have 14.98gb left
Message 4 of 12

O2Hannah
  • 25 Posts
  • 0 Topics
  • 0 Solutions

Let me know how you get on with the above suggestions!

signature
Message 5 of 12

gmarkj
Level 66: Unequalled
  • 11995 Posts
  • 94 Topics
  • 1120 Solutions
Have you also checked status.o2.co.uk for any issues in your area @GJF?

Please note, this is not customer services and we cannot access your account. Do not publish personal details (email, phone number, bank account).

Link to our guide on how to contact them can be found here

Message 6 of 12

GJF
  • 5 Posts
  • 1 Topics
  • 0 Solutions
Hi Hannah,

I tried those APN settings however they made no difference. I also dont have access to any other o2 Sim cards so cannot check that. As of just now I haven't requested a sim swap.

Regarding the network status I have checked multiple locations and where my data stopped working there were no issues with the network at that time.
Message 7 of 12

gmarkj
Level 66: Unequalled
  • 11995 Posts
  • 94 Topics
  • 1120 Solutions
Have you tried your sim in another device @GJF?
If it works then it would indicate a handset/settings issue.

Please note, this is not customer services and we cannot access your account. Do not publish personal details (email, phone number, bank account).

Link to our guide on how to contact them can be found here

Message 8 of 12

GJF
  • 5 Posts
  • 1 Topics
  • 0 Solutions
Would my sim work in a non o2 phone? Excuse my ignorance 😂
Message 9 of 12

MI5
Level 94: Supreme
  • 143438 Posts
  • 632 Topics
  • 27490 Solutions

@GJF 

Yes if the other phone was unlocked.

I have no affiliation whatsoever with O2 or any subsidiary companies. Comments posted are entirely of my own opinion. This is not Customer Service so we are unable to help with account specific issues.

Currently using:
Pixel 7a (O2 & Lyca), One Plus 6 (Sfr), iPhone 12 Pro Max (Vodafone)
Message 10 of 12