Did you mean: 

Missold VM contract/O2 SIM

JamesR1
Level 1: Joiner
  • 2 Posts
  • 1 Topics
  • 0 Solutions

Hi,

I recently renewed a contract with VM for broadband, TV and mobile, part of the deal was to move to an O2 sim rather than VM. 

Having agreed the package as I’ve got detail through my previously unlimited sim has now been set up as a 5gb data sim. 

This was amongst many issues, I’ve sorted most with VM but being directed to O2 to sort the sim issue. I’d expected this to be done by VM but can’t seem to get anywhere with them. Has anyone experienced this/able to help?

Many thanks. 

Message 1 of 6
1 ACCEPTED SOLUTION

Accepted Solutions

madasaf1sh
Level 77: Grand Master
  • 10669 Posts
  • 56 Topics
  • 3095 Solutions

@JamesR1 

You need to speak to Virgin I am afraid as they sold you the contract, so the responsibility to resolve the issues at this stage is with them, as o2 will only process what is passed by Virgin.  

You may need to raise a complaint with Virgin... 

Make sure (as I am sure you have), got proof via the contract that was agreed.. 

Good Luck...

- Xperia 1V - o2 and Spusu
- Pixel 8 Pro - o2 and Vodafone UK

View solution in original post

Message 3 of 6
5 REPLIES 5

MI5
Level 94: Supreme
  • 147038 Posts
  • 636 Topics
  • 28283 Solutions

@JamesR1 

Don't be fobbed off by the useless VM customer service.

They set you up so it's their responsibility.

I have no affiliation whatsoever with O2 or any subsidiary companies. Comments posted are entirely of my own opinion. This is not Customer Service so we are unable to help with account specific issues.
Please select the post that helped you best and mark as the solution. This helps other members in resolving their issues faster. Thank you.
Message 2 of 6

madasaf1sh
Level 77: Grand Master
  • 10669 Posts
  • 56 Topics
  • 3095 Solutions

@JamesR1 

You need to speak to Virgin I am afraid as they sold you the contract, so the responsibility to resolve the issues at this stage is with them, as o2 will only process what is passed by Virgin.  

You may need to raise a complaint with Virgin... 

Make sure (as I am sure you have), got proof via the contract that was agreed.. 

Good Luck...

- Xperia 1V - o2 and Spusu
- Pixel 8 Pro - o2 and Vodafone UK
Message 3 of 6

Enlli
Level 66: Unequalled
  • 7126 Posts
  • 51 Topics
  • 1589 Solutions

It probably is a complaint to Virgin as they are just shoving people back to O2.

The whole Volt thing has been a right debacle, what should have been simple was complicated by Virgin Sales who seemed more interested in getting sales (and probably a commission) without telling customers exactly what they were getting into and how things worked. Along with screwing up orders such as yours

It was a sorry day for Telefónica when they got into bed with Liberty Global

This is not O2 and we are all customers here similar to yourself and cannot answer account type queries.
Message 4 of 6

MI5
Level 94: Supreme
  • 147038 Posts
  • 636 Topics
  • 28283 Solutions

Standard VM hard sell. Always been the same.

I have no affiliation whatsoever with O2 or any subsidiary companies. Comments posted are entirely of my own opinion. This is not Customer Service so we are unable to help with account specific issues.
Please select the post that helped you best and mark as the solution. This helps other members in resolving their issues faster. Thank you.
Message 5 of 6

JamesR1
Level 1: Joiner
  • 2 Posts
  • 1 Topics
  • 0 Solutions

Thanks all, fortunately I have screenshots of WhatsApp messages detailing what was offered but a painful process of having to escalate, complain and stand firm to not be fobbed off. 

Message 6 of 6