Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Missing phone

Slartibart
Level 1: Joiner
  • 2 Posts
  • 1 Topics
  • 0 Solutions

I am here a little bit out of desperation. I ordered a new iPhone 14 just before Christmas. Despite continuous assurances it would turn up before Christmas. 

Well. Move to 22nd May and it still has not arrived. Despite repeated calls and chats with support I keep getting told I need to wait for DPD to complete an investigation. Evidence shows the device never left the depot (from DPD's own site). It was signed for by 'CUSTOMER' at the DPD depot just before Christmas.

In the meantime I am paying for this new phone and now struggling to get through to anyone in support to help although I suspect I will get the same response.

Does anyone now how I can escalate this? I have tried a complaint and did not hear anything back. I am tempted to cancel my payment to see what happens.

These seems like a good place to get some answers so here's hoping.

Gordon

Message 1 of 10
9 REPLIES 9

MI5
Level 94: Supreme
  • 148999 Posts
  • 640 Topics
  • 28448 Solutions

@Slartibart 

Maybe @O2Sarah- can help?

I have no affiliation whatsoever with O2 or any subsidiary companies. Comments posted are entirely of my own opinion. This is not Customer Service so we are unable to help with account specific issues.
Please select the post that helped you best and mark as the solution. This helps other members in resolving their issues faster. Thank you.
Message 2 of 10

O2Sarah-
  • 689 Posts
  • 0 Topics
  • 25 Solutions

Thanks for the tag @MI5 

@Slartibart I will send you a private message so we can look into this. 

Message 3 of 10

Slartibart
  • 2 Posts
  • 1 Topics
  • 0 Solutions

Many thanks for helping with this. Fingers crossed ...

Message 4 of 10

Dunc
  • 7 Posts
  • 1 Topics
  • 0 Solutions

Have you managed to sort this out? O2 customer services are completely useless and I am in the same situation still after 3 months. Courier lost the phone, I now have a cancellation date of 1st August but they are still charging me for the iPhone 14 and it shows I owe £790. I don't know what else to do now but seek legal advice. 

I think DPD need to start looking at who they employ!

Message 5 of 10

LauraJK
  • 5 Posts
  • 0 Topics
  • 0 Solutions

Hello! Responding to an old post in the hope someone can help me. DPD delivered me an empty box. I have called, emailed, messaged on Twitter - starts off helpful and then they stop responding. I don’t know what to do as they are billing me for the handset that never arrived - did you get it sorted? 

Message 6 of 10

LauraJK
  • 5 Posts
  • 0 Topics
  • 0 Solutions

Hello! Responding to an old post in the hope someone can help me. DPD delivered me an empty box. I have called, emailed, messaged on Twitter - starts off helpful and then they stop responding. I don’t know what to do as they are billing me for the handset that never arrived - did you get it sorted? 

Message 7 of 10

LauraJK
  • 5 Posts
  • 0 Topics
  • 0 Solutions

Hello! Responding to an old post in the hope someone can help me. DPD delivered me an empty box. I have called, emailed, messaged on Twitter - starts off helpful and then they stop responding. I don’t know what to do as they are billing me for the handset that never arrived - did you get it sorted? Laura

Message 8 of 10

Enlli
Level 67: Unsung hero
  • 7812 Posts
  • 55 Topics
  • 1643 Solutions

@LauraJK As you say, an old thread and we have not heard from anybody. People rarely report back.

Also we no longer have O2 advisors here leaving just us customers

There have been other themes on empty boxes and DPD

Can only suggest you keep at O2

Message them on Social Media. Facebook (https://o2uk.co/O2CFB) , Twitter (https://o2uk.co/O2CTW) or Instagram (https://o2uk.co/O2CIG

Or phone them on 202 or 0344 809 0202 (contract)

And please keep us informed  

This is not O2 and we are all customers here similar to yourself and cannot answer account type queries.
Message 9 of 10

Oxonian
Level 33: Firestarter
  • 9084 Posts
  • 207 Topics
  • 26 Solutions

@LauraJK 

If you are not able to resolve this timeously, I suggest that you consider reporting it to the police via your local force's website. The Met's page is here :- 

Report a crime | Metropolitan Police

https://www.met.police.uk/ro/report/ocr/af/how-to-report-a-crime/

All other forces have a similar online reporting tool. 

Making the report will give you a crime reference number. Please keep that safe as you might need it in the future.  

Message 10 of 10