cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Migration reversal

Anonymous
Not applicable
I recently requested a number swap on 2 of my contracts. It was done incorrectly. Only 1 migrared and my other contract was disconnected! Ive rang customer service many times since Dec 1st and it was suggested that the best plan if action would be to reverse the migration. And this would take 4hrs to do....well I'm still waiting 5days later! Not happy!!!! I've been a o2 customer for over 10years!
Message 1 of 31
30 REPLIES 30

Anonymous
Not applicable
Ahh right ok. Thanks for the info. I spoke to someone earlier and they have promised it to be done today! So fingers crossed
Message 11 of 31

MI5
Level 94: Supreme
  • 143442 Posts
  • 632 Topics
  • 27490 Solutions
Hopefully..... let us know how it goes.
I have no affiliation whatsoever with O2 or any subsidiary companies. Comments posted are entirely of my own opinion. This is not Customer Service so we are unable to help with account specific issues.

Currently using:
Pixel 7a (O2 & Lyca), One Plus 6 (Sfr), iPhone 12 Pro Max (Vodafone)
Message 12 of 31

jonsie
  • 92921 Posts
  • 608 Topics
  • 6913 Solutions

Anonymous
Not applicable
Just get given false information every single day! Yes it will be done today on Monday not done! It will be done today on Tuesday not done! Also yesterday not done! Where can I go from here? It obviously cannot be done. Was thinking of going into my local o2 shop to see if they can do something but I doubt it
Message 14 of 31

jonsie
  • 92921 Posts
  • 608 Topics
  • 6913 Solutions

Anonymous
Not applicable
So what would you suggest I do from here jonsie?
Message 16 of 31

jonsie
  • 92921 Posts
  • 608 Topics
  • 6913 Solutions

Personally I would Google CEO O2 and email his office with a daytime contact number but someone else had this problem and the number was lost forever if u recall correctly. 

Message 17 of 31

MI5
  • 143442 Posts
  • 632 Topics
  • 27490 Solutions
Yep unfortunately that's why I asked originally.
I fear it's lost forever now.
I have no affiliation whatsoever with O2 or any subsidiary companies. Comments posted are entirely of my own opinion. This is not Customer Service so we are unable to help with account specific issues.

Currently using:
Message 18 of 31

gmarkj
Level 66: Unequalled
  • 11995 Posts
  • 94 Topics
  • 1120 Solutions

If they can reverse losing one of the numbers, so you have two sim cards and the two original numbers then I would recommend the following:
get a new payg sim.
swap one of the numbers to this sim.
swap the other number to the first sim.
swap the number from the payg sim to the second original sim.
@MI5 would have a greater understanding of this (bows in awe of his presence and knowledge) but suspect this might be the only way around it.
out if interest (if you can) why do you need to swap the two numbers?

Edited to add - clearly took too long to reply, but I'll leave the message above in the (false) hope it gets fixed...

Please note, this is not customer services and we cannot access your account. Do not publish personal details (email, phone number, bank account).

Link to our guide on how to contact them can be found here

Message 19 of 31

MI5
  • 143442 Posts
  • 632 Topics
  • 27490 Solutions
Yes indeed the PAYG sim route would have been what I advised had I been asked before it was messed up by CS.

Currently using:
Message 20 of 31