cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

MMS messages not included in "Unlimited" allowance?

Anonymous
Not applicable

I upgraded from a Simplicity Sim only contract a couple of months ago as I was regularly going over my call limit and was offered a newer £20 a month contract which came with "unlimited calls and unlimited texts"... naturally I nearly bit their arm off to change contract and save myself a packet.

Now I find they are charging me for all the media messages I send! So it's never £20 a month like it should be.

Firstly why did they not make it clearer that it didn't include media messages - to me "unlimited texts" means media messages too. My media messages on my old contract were included in my text allowance and not charged as extras!

I spoke to a CS agent online today and was told I could get a £5 bolt-on which would give me 50 free MMS messages a month. But I don't use that many, maybe only 6 or 7 a month (which still adds up to about £4 inc VAT).

The thing that really bugs me is I get 1Gb a month internet data for free. How can they give you that for free yet not MMS messages when they use the same data connection?

Message 1 of 4
1 ACCEPTED SOLUTION

Accepted Solutions

MI5
Level 94: Supreme
  • 143438 Posts
  • 632 Topics
  • 27490 Solutions
MMS is little used these days. With many people moving to smartphones, photo's and pictures can be emailed for free.
I have no affiliation whatsoever with O2 or any subsidiary companies. Comments posted are entirely of my own opinion. This is not Customer Service so we are unable to help with account specific issues.

Currently using:
Pixel 7a (O2 & Lyca), One Plus 6 (Sfr), iPhone 12 Pro Max (Vodafone)

View solution in original post

Message 3 of 4
3 REPLIES 3

adamtemp64
Level 66: Unequalled
  • 16454 Posts
  • 312 Topics
  • 1316 Solutions

O2 has charged for mms for over 2 years on new contracts / tariffs and if you look at the shop tariff pages and click the more info I think it is then it shows charges outside the tariff.

not what you want to hear but those are the hard facts and the new T&C relevant to your tariff would confirm that. You have also lost the 4-1 SMS from abroad all are now charged.

iPhone 11 Pro 256gb on unlimited data
iPad Pro 12.9” 2020 256gb refresh o2 family discount
Apple Watch series 4
My first mobile was in 1995 a CM-R111 from sony on Cellnet.
Wincanton South Somerset (Full 4g 3G 2g indoor coverage) Remember we are all customers here not customer services

Message 2 of 4

MI5
Level 94: Supreme
  • 143438 Posts
  • 632 Topics
  • 27490 Solutions
MMS is little used these days. With many people moving to smartphones, photo's and pictures can be emailed for free.
I have no affiliation whatsoever with O2 or any subsidiary companies. Comments posted are entirely of my own opinion. This is not Customer Service so we are unable to help with account specific issues.

Currently using:
Pixel 7a (O2 & Lyca), One Plus 6 (Sfr), iPhone 12 Pro Max (Vodafone)
Message 3 of 4

Anonymous
Not applicable

Good point - I think I will email in future and save myself a few quid. Just media messaging is a bit quicker as I don't have to connect to a mobile network or wireless first.

Message 4 of 4