cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Lousy Customer Service

Anonymous
Not applicable

Has anyone had a similar problem with the complete lack of customer service from O2?

Following a complaint I made, I was told that I wouldn't need to make a payment until it was resolved, and two months later they just decided that I was in the wrong and took the money anyway!! No notification, just decided they were right and I was wrong - who made them God??????

And to boot, they even had the audacity to charge me a late payment fee as well...!!!

Then to add insult to injury, I've been PROMISED a call back THREE times to discuss this matter, and guess what, nobody cares..

I have just re-written the O2 code of practice -"Screw the Customer, we're O2"

Another provider beckons f the next contract....

Message 1 of 8
7 REPLIES 7

Bambino
Level 84: Resplendent
  • 23047 Posts
  • 1025 Topics
  • 3674 Solutions

@Anonymous You only have to scroll through the first few pages of this forum to see that there are other people who aren't happy with customer service. Without wishing to know the nature of your complaint, have you just complained by phone or have you sent a formal complaint? If you haven't done that as yet, follow this link:

http://www.o2.co.uk/how-to-complain

I DO NOT WORK FOR O2

Funniest-Thread-2
Message 2 of 8

Anonymous
Not applicable

Thanks @Bambino

Three times via online chat...Smiley Mad - and never by phone as they'll just deny all knowledge!

I have all of the transcripts, so will be sending them to the complaint department as per your link (thanks for that too)..

Hell, I think it's even worth sending to the Ombudsman...didn't mention that they told me not to pay (couldn't stop it anyway because of the direct debit), and then sent me a default notice for not paying!!!

If someone had the decency to pick up the phone and call and apologise profusely, then that would be halfway there, but as I said all they are interested in is screwing us, the customers that pay their wages!!

Let's start a 'we hate O2 campaign' on facebook, or better still raise a petition to get the government to debate whether they should be allowed to continue providing services to UK customers.

Really hope an O2 moderator is reading this.....

Message 3 of 8

MI5
Level 94: Supreme
  • 144205 Posts
  • 634 Topics
  • 27635 Solutions
Yeah, pretty standard these days.
O2 have become faceless and uncaring - quite sad considering what they once were.
I have no affiliation whatsoever with O2 or any subsidiary companies. Comments posted are entirely of my own opinion. This is not Customer Service so we are unable to help with account specific issues.

Currently using:
Pixel 7a (O2 & Lyca), One Plus 6 (Sfr), iPhone 12 Pro Max (Vodafone)
Message 4 of 8

Bambino
Level 84: Resplendent
  • 23047 Posts
  • 1025 Topics
  • 3674 Solutions

@Anonymous If you again search the forum you will see that many of the regular contributors here never recommend Live Chat. You might have had a better result had you called customer service. In any event, the Ombudsman won't really be of much help at this point in time. You need to follow the complaint procedure first. The O2 moderators do look at posts here. As a courtesy I will tag our Head of Community @Toby. I'm sure he will contact you regarding your complaint.

I DO NOT WORK FOR O2

Funniest-Thread-2
Message 5 of 8

Toby
Former Staff
  • 11577 Posts
  • 520 Topics
  • 213 Solutions

Hi @Anonymous,

Sorry to hear that you're not happy. I'm Toby, the community head. Feel free to send me a PM and we can chat about how to rectify this for you.

Fancy writing a great device review or O2 forum guide? Send me a message!

Get involved:
• New to the community? This is how you get help.
• Want to know who we are? Come and say hi to us.
• Want to have a chat? Drop me a direct message.

Message 6 of 8

gindygoo
Level 25: Hard Hitter
  • 1340 Posts
  • 59 Topics
  • 27 Solutions
@Bambino is correct regarding the ombudsman. I do hope your official complaint gets you your apology, but even those don't always end satisfactorily.

O2 really aren't the company they were years ago if you happen to need cs. I do however find their mobile services more than adequate in my little corner of the country.

Good luck, you're likely gonna need it 😞
Message 7 of 8

jonsie
Level 94: Supreme
  • 93186 Posts
  • 609 Topics
  • 6967 Solutions

Always speak to customer service rather than live chat. Usual advice, if you get nowhere with the complaint review service then Google CEO O2 and email his office. 

Message 8 of 8