Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Lost signal

Blaisdonplum
Level 1: Joiner
  • 2 Posts
  • 1 Topics
  • 0 Solutions
Since a repair to our local mast we have gone from a full strength signal indoors and out to no signal indoors and varying between no signal and one bar outside. This goes for our phones and visitors. Our phones work fine elsewhere and we have been through the chat room rigmarole of switching on and off etc. O2 just say there is no problem so what’s happening and where do we go from here? Visa phone or E?
Message 1 of 9
8 REPLIES 8

MI5
Level 94: Supreme
  • 144134 Posts
  • 634 Topics
  • 27604 Solutions
Did your mast get upgraded from 2g or 3g to 3g or 4g?
If so, try restricting your phones network connection to either 2g or 3g to stop it trying to connect to a weaker signal.
Other things to try here https://community.o2.co.uk/t5/Pay-Monthly-Pay-and-Go/How-can-I-sort-out-my-network-issues/ba-p/10140...
I have no affiliation whatsoever with O2 or any subsidiary companies. Comments posted are entirely of my own opinion. This is not Customer Service so we are unable to help with account specific issues.

Currently using:
Pixel 7a (O2 & Lyca), One Plus 6 (Sfr), iPhone 12 Pro Max (Vodafone)
Message 2 of 9

jonsie
  • 93170 Posts
  • 609 Topics
  • 6956 Solutions

To help you at home in the meantime,  download O2 Ask if you are on contract. It works over wifi. 

https://www.o2.co.uk/help/apps/o2-ask

Failing that and the advice above, then yes a network change maybe your only option

Message 3 of 9

Bambino
Level 84: Resplendent
  • 23044 Posts
  • 1025 Topics
  • 3669 Solutions

@Blaisdonplum What's a Visa Phone? That's a new one on me.

I DO NOT WORK FOR O2

Funniest-Thread-2
Message 4 of 9

MI5
  • 144134 Posts
  • 634 Topics
  • 27604 Solutions
I guess an auto correction of Vodafone?
I have no affiliation whatsoever with O2 or any subsidiary companies. Comments posted are entirely of my own opinion. This is not Customer Service so we are unable to help with account specific issues.

Currently using:
Message 5 of 9

Marjo
Former Staff
  • 7881 Posts
  • 468 Topics
  • 55 Solutions

Hi @Blaisdonplum! Sorry to hear that you've been having signal problems. Has anything improved since you last posted? Any help from the above suggestions?

Message 6 of 9

Blaisdonplum
Level 1: Joiner
  • 2 Posts
  • 1 Topics
  • 0 Solutions

Well after five weeks of chat rooms and denials that it turns out it was a mast fault and O2 solved it by taking the mast down and they are not replacing it. Result is we will not be getting our signal back. So it’s a transfer of our four phones to Three. Well done O2 !

Message 7 of 9

Cleoriff
  • 122787 Posts
  • 826 Topics
  • 7466 Solutions

@Blaisdonplum wrote:

Well after five weeks of chat rooms and denials that it turns out it was a mast fault and O2 solved it by taking the mast down and they are not replacing it. Result is we will not be getting our signal back. So it’s a transfer of our four phones to Three. Well done O2 !

Hardly a great solution @Blaisdonplum How infuriating for you all.

However, you may find it's a blessing in disguise. I hope Three give you the coverage you need. Best of luck....

Veritas Numquam Perit

Girl in a jacket
Message 8 of 9

MI5
  • 144134 Posts
  • 634 Topics
  • 27604 Solutions
Where was the old mast located?
Planning permission for new masts can be a complete nightmare these days. So many NIMBY's complain and object.

Currently using:
Message 9 of 9