cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Looking to purchase a new phone, but stay on the same monthly tariff?

Rich74
Level 1: Joiner
  • 2 Posts
  • 1 Topics
  • 0 Solutions

Hi,

I'm an iPhone 6 user (device plan paid off) and have a good deal on my current pay monthly tariff which I'm looking to keep. I'm thinking of independently purchasing a new iPhone and would like to be able to put my current o2 sim into the new phone - thus getting the benefit of an new phone and my existing tariff.

I've looked at upgrading to iPhone XS through o2, but the monthly charge for the airtime contract just isn't as good as I've got now. I don't need anymore data then I've already got with my existing contract.

Is this possible? Any help greatly appreciated.

Thanks

Message 1 of 4
1 ACCEPTED SOLUTION

Accepted Solutions

MI5
Level 94: Supreme
  • 144145 Posts
  • 634 Topics
  • 27623 Solutions
Yes, you can continue using your O2 sim in any phone you like and just pay for the airtime tariff to O2.
I have no affiliation whatsoever with O2 or any subsidiary companies. Comments posted are entirely of my own opinion. This is not Customer Service so we are unable to help with account specific issues.

Currently using:
Pixel 7a (O2 & Lyca), One Plus 6 (Sfr), iPhone 12 Pro Max (Vodafone)

View solution in original post

Message 2 of 4
3 REPLIES 3

MI5
  • 144145 Posts
  • 634 Topics
  • 27623 Solutions
Yes, you can continue using your O2 sim in any phone you like and just pay for the airtime tariff to O2.
I have no affiliation whatsoever with O2 or any subsidiary companies. Comments posted are entirely of my own opinion. This is not Customer Service so we are unable to help with account specific issues.

Currently using:
Message 2 of 4

Rich74
Level 1: Joiner
  • 2 Posts
  • 1 Topics
  • 0 Solutions

Thanks - much appreciated

Message 3 of 4

MI5
  • 144145 Posts
  • 634 Topics
  • 27623 Solutions
My pleasure. Enjoy your new phone wink

Currently using:
Message 4 of 4