Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Re: Text messages automatically being sent to random people

bt
Level 1: Joiner
  • 1 Posts
  • 1 Topics
  • 0 Solutions

My bill shows 42 text messages sent while I was abroad to 07802 00332. My smart phone has no record of these text message being sent. I do not recognise the number and it comes up as unrecognised when called though I know it is an O2 number. The total charge for these alleged calls is 0ver £24.  I am very unhappy about paying for these calls which I did not make and will be taking this up with O2.  If you have been aboroad (I was in HK) check your bill carefully for text messages you did not make. They are charged at £0.41 per text. You can make a lot of text messages in an hour?  Who is benfiting from This Scam, O2 or the person with that O2 number? 

Message 1 of 4
3 REPLIES 3

MI5
Level 94: Supreme
  • 144873 Posts
  • 634 Topics
  • 27775 Solutions

@bt wrote:

My bill shows 42 text messages sent while I was abroad to 07802 00332. My smart phone has no record of these text message being sent. I do not recognise the number and it comes up as unrecognised when called though I know it is an O2 number. The total charge for these alleged calls is 0ver £24.  I am very unhappy about paying for these calls which I did not make and will be taking this up with O2.  If you have been aboroad (I was in HK) check your bill carefully for text messages you did not make. They are charged at £0.41 per text. You can make a lot of text messages in an hour?  Who is benfiting from This Scam, O2 or the person with that O2 number? 

07802 000332 is the O2 message centre number that shows on your bill when you send a text from abroad.

It is not a scam of any sort at all.

Therefore, if this is the number you think you are randomly texting, there is no issue here to be resolved.

I have no affiliation whatsoever with O2 or any subsidiary companies. Comments posted are entirely of my own opinion. This is not Customer Service so we are unable to help with account specific issues.

Currently using:
Pixel 7a (O2 & Lyca), One Plus 6 (Sfr), iPhone 12 Pro Max (Vodafone)
Message 2 of 4

Cleoriff
  • 123300 Posts
  • 826 Topics
  • 7473 Solutions

jonsie
  • 93253 Posts
  • 609 Topics
  • 6984 Solutions

Also one text from overseas may be broken down to multiple texts depending on how the foreign network handles sending.

Message 4 of 4