cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Live Chat and Helpline are down?

Anonymous
Not applicable

I have encountered a problem with my bill/account and I am trying to contact customer service through live chat or the helpline for the flexibility. And on both fronts for most of the day, I have been met with a brick wall... i.e 30+ minutes to wait (so I hang up) or the automated messages in live chat, apologising for my wait. I also have letters demanding an amount that I don't recognise be paid, or services will be stopped. Except services remain live, or this post wouldn't be here. What the hell, O2?

Message 1 of 17
1 ACCEPTED SOLUTION

Accepted Solutions

Cleoriff
Level 94: Supreme
  • 122890 Posts
  • 826 Topics
  • 7467 Solutions

Hi @Anonymous Yes the service has been down for a couple of days now. Really annoying we know but we are assured by @Toby Head of this Community.... that they are working hard to fix it.

Just keep trying.....8-8.30 in the morning is the best time to try and hopefully it will be back on then...

Veritas Numquam Perit

Girl in a jacket

View solution in original post

Message 2 of 17
16 REPLIES 16

Cleoriff
  • 122890 Posts
  • 826 Topics
  • 7467 Solutions

Hi @Anonymous Yes the service has been down for a couple of days now. Really annoying we know but we are assured by @Toby Head of this Community.... that they are working hard to fix it.

Just keep trying.....8-8.30 in the morning is the best time to try and hopefully it will be back on then...

Veritas Numquam Perit

Girl in a jacket
Message 2 of 17

MI5
  • 144287 Posts
  • 634 Topics
  • 27641 Solutions
It could be am error but you really do need to persist with trying to contact CS.
I have no affiliation whatsoever with O2 or any subsidiary companies. Comments posted are entirely of my own opinion. This is not Customer Service so we are unable to help with account specific issues.

Currently using:
Pixel 7a (O2 & Lyca), One Plus 6 (Sfr), iPhone 12 Pro Max (Vodafone)
Message 3 of 17

Anonymous
Not applicable

08:15 Wed 2nd Nov. After 3 days of trying to get someone, anyone to respond to a request for a PAC code to enable me to transfer my existing number to another supplier I've had enough.

My Glaxy ace doesn't have a sensor to allow me to make calls without the screen locking every 5 seconds so contacting by phone is out. No availability of any live chat operatives. Phone lines constantly busy with waiting times of an hour or more.

Why isn't there an automated method of obtaining a PAC code in the same way you can unlock the phone.

I'm a light user of phone services so have moved to BT Sim only deal, will buy a reasonable phone for my needs & never ever consider O2 ever again.

p.s.swearing at an automated answering service is largely ineffective.

Message 4 of 17

Anonymous
Not applicable
There is a problem with the case problem at the moment so all you can do is keep trying
Message 5 of 17

MI5
  • 144287 Posts
  • 634 Topics
  • 27641 Solutions

@Anonymous wrote:

08:15 Wed 2nd Nov. After 3 days of trying to get someone, anyone to respond to a request for a PAC code to enable me to transfer my existing number to another supplier I've had enough.

My Glaxy ace doesn't have a sensor to allow me to make calls without the screen locking every 5 seconds so contacting by phone is out. No availability of any live chat operatives. Phone lines constantly busy with waiting times of an hour or more.

Why isn't there an automated method of obtaining a PAC code in the same way you can unlock the phone.

I'm a light user of phone services so have moved to BT Sim only deal, will buy a reasonable phone for my needs & never ever consider O2 ever again.

p.s.swearing at an automated answering service is largely ineffective.

As I assume you are PAYG the only way to get your PAC is via CS on 4445.

I have no affiliation whatsoever with O2 or any subsidiary companies. Comments posted are entirely of my own opinion. This is not Customer Service so we are unable to help with account specific issues.

Currently using:
Message 6 of 17

Cleoriff
  • 122890 Posts
  • 826 Topics
  • 7467 Solutions

This comment by @Anonymous "Why isn't there an automated method of obtaining a PAC code in the same way you can unlock the phone".

Seems a damn good idea to me..

Veritas Numquam Perit

Girl in a jacket
Message 7 of 17

MI5
  • 144287 Posts
  • 634 Topics
  • 27641 Solutions
We've suggested it before but o2 won't do it because they want to try and talk you out of leaving by having contact with the customer.

Currently using:
Message 8 of 17

Anonymous
Not applicable

Tried at 8:00 this morning, guess what? no live chat available & at least half an hours wait on the phone. How much time do O2 ( and their apologists) expect anyone to wait.

Could the customer service director at least post something on-line or on here instead of relying on a pet poster to do their dirty work for them.

Message 9 of 17

Anonymous
Not applicable

never assume anything, I'm at the end of a 2 year contract. there is absolutely no chance I will renew with O2 as there are much nbetter deals out there & better service

Message 10 of 17