cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Leeds service is pathetic

Anonymous
Not applicable
The service in Leeds is so poor that it has become pretty much unusable.

It has been this way since mid August, it is now mid October and remains dire.

Calls are broken and dropped when we are lucky enough to get through at all. Texts are deferred regularly, and slow to be received. Reliable data transfer is a distant dream, and 3g connections rarer still.

Need to make or take a call between five and seven PM, well good luck because you'll need it.

The scandal here is that O2 have taken £20 from me to pay for August's and September's Payandgogogo, but provided a service so poor that it is completely unsatisfactory, and not at all what I have paid for.

For the record O2's status report shows known mast problems for this area - Leeds LS11. The fault has been regular and recurring for over 54 days. I have checked with other O2 using neighbours, and we are all experience a very poor service.

It's bad enough that many of us are preparing to drop O2.

Sort it out please, and get Accounts to compensate those of us, who for now at least, remain loyal and valued customers.
Message 1 of 11
1 ACCEPTED SOLUTION

Accepted Solutions

Anonymous
Not applicable
Update 18-Oct-2013

O2 Service Status reads:
"We'll be carrying out some
maintenance on our phone
masts in this area on the 21
October & 24 October."

Well, Admins, someone from O2 must read this site!

View solution in original post

Message 6 of 11
10 REPLIES 10

perksie
Level 69: Guiding Light
  • 27019 Posts
  • 247 Topics
  • 1614 Solutions

The status checker shows there is a fault and the network team will be onto it, hopefully as soon as possible:

Live results for LS11

Sorry a phone mast in this area isn't working
This means your service might come and go until we fix it.
Updated 15:02 (refreshed hourly). Recent faults might not show yet.
To support Disasters Emergency Committee: http://www.dec.org.uk/appeals text Nepal to 70000 to send £5

Sky Unlimited Broadband - Windows 10 - Nexus 4 Android 5.1.1
Message 2 of 11

jonsie
Level 94: Supreme
  • 93219 Posts
  • 609 Topics
  • 6975 Solutions

I sympathise with your coverage issues. With Leeds now being upgraded to 4G you would have thought the masts would be fully functional for 2/3G as well.

To be honest if I was on P&G I would be long gone now to a network that gave me adequate coverage. Loyalty isn't getting you the basic functions of a phone.

Message 3 of 11

Bambino
Level 84: Resplendent
  • 23061 Posts
  • 1025 Topics
  • 3675 Solutions

We are all customers here, as you are. You would need to call Customer Services if you are looking to make a complaint. The numbers are available in the Contact Us link at the bottom of the page, or the links in jonsie's post. It's doubtful you would be offered any compensation, but it never hurts to ask.

I DO NOT WORK FOR O2

Funniest-Thread-2
Message 4 of 11

Anonymous
Not applicable
Got to agree with jonsie.

Grab your PAC code and transfer networks.

Grab a few alternative network SIM cards on payg and use them for a few days where you live and work to see which one gives you the strongest signal if Your phone is unlocked.

If not then you could get it unlocked via the online form.

£15 for payg as long as it's been live on the network for 12 months ,or get a family member or friend to put their contract sim in or payg sim and make a few chargeable calls to latch their sim to the imei of the phone ,and they request the unlock.

It's free to contract customers.

https://www.o2.co.uk/apps/help/help?qid=1&q1=2&route=unlocking&case=Handset%20Unlocking%20Form

Or wait it out with O2.
Message 5 of 11

Anonymous
Not applicable
Update 18-Oct-2013

O2 Service Status reads:
"We'll be carrying out some
maintenance on our phone
masts in this area on the 21
October & 24 October."

Well, Admins, someone from O2 must read this site!
Message 6 of 11

perksie
  • 27019 Posts
  • 247 Topics
  • 1614 Solutions

I'm not sure where you're seeing that as the status page just shows the mast as still down and nothing about any maintenance:

http://status.o2.co.uk/

Live results for LS11

Sorry a phone mast in this area isn't working
This means your service might come and go until we fix it.
Updated 15:02 (refreshed hourly). Recent faults might not show yet.
To support Disasters Emergency Committee: http://www.dec.org.uk/appeals text Nepal to 70000 to send £5

Message 7 of 11

lucids
Level 2: Apprentice
  • 50 Posts
  • 7 Topics
  • 0 Solutions

mine in ls8 has been down since August also due to be fixed soon I'm told. When a 4G mast went off it was fixed next day. I agree the service in leeds has been very good for many years (been on o2 since 1997) but since the 4g implementation has been very bad. Many areas with little or no signal and masts off for months. Meanwhile there are great hotspots of good service. For example in LS6 I was able to get 23Mbs download on HSDPA before i got the 4G. CS told me they are prioritising 4G right now so the rest of the network here is suffering.

Message 8 of 11

Anonymous
Not applicable

nothing has changed..

i challenged them a couple months back because of this... they told me to switch to 2g... fine i can receive calls on 2g but thats not what im paying for.

02 are in breach of contract....

complaintreviewservice@o2.com

write your complaint here then take it to deadlock... costs them money to go there!

Message 9 of 11

perksie
  • 27019 Posts
  • 247 Topics
  • 1614 Solutions

According to your other thread there is a mast down where you live and you're aware of it, so you have no cause for complaint.

Last February you were here telling people to go to Ofcom to complain about a refund to their account, so your advice must be a bit doubtful.

Message 10 of 11