cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Leaving o2

Anonymous
Not applicable

Why is it so difficult to get through to O2 customer service via telephone? I just want to cancel my current contract with O2, before moving abroad. I have cancelled my bank account. I just need to tell this to O2, but after reading some of the topics here I have understood that getting through to customer service is nearly impossible! 

Any suggestions? 

Message 1 of 3
2 REPLIES 2

Bambino
Level 84: Resplendent
  • 23047 Posts
  • 1025 Topics
  • 3674 Solutions

I don't work for O2 and I don't know why you are having so much difficulty getting through, other than there is still all this business with the iPhone going on.

You need to give O2 30 day's notice to cancel your contract, and you should not have cancelled your bank account without notifying O2. You will still owe the remainder of any months left on your contract. If O2 have no way of collecting what you owe it will go against you on your credit report. You need to either keep phoning or try to talk to someone on chat.

I DO NOT WORK FOR O2

Funniest-Thread-2
Message 2 of 3

perksie
Level 69: Guiding Light
  • 27019 Posts
  • 247 Topics
  • 1614 Solutions

We are seeing a lot of complaints recently about people not being able to get through on the phone, it makes me think they're having issues with their internal systems.

Bear in mind if you've cancelled the direct debit you will have a final bill to come and if this remains unpaid they will mark it with a credit reference agency and pass it to a debt collection firm.

To support Disasters Emergency Committee: http://www.dec.org.uk/appeals text Nepal to 70000 to send £5

Sky Unlimited Broadband - Windows 10 - Nexus 4 Android 5.1.1
Message 3 of 3