Did you mean: 

Keeping phone number not working, need old number ASAP

alouette259
Level 1: Joiner
  • 1 Posts
  • 1 Topics
  • 0 Solutions

I was a Tesco Mobile customer, switched on Sunday to O2 Sim Only Pay Monthly 

Opted to keep my old number - gave PAC code and said it would be one working day to swap the number. SIM card arrived today, so the swap should've already been done. Number is a new one and I need it to be my old one ASAP as I need to be contactable by work, clients, doctors etc. I can't get my number out to all of these as the numbers are on my old SIM which no longer works as that contract has been cancelled by Tesco 

I asked the live chat thing and they didn't offer any advice 

I completed a form for a SIM swap to keep my old number on the O2 site and just got an email saying the information provided was incorrect. I cannot get another PAC code for my old number because the SIM doesn't work - when I put it into my phone it thinks there's no SIM in it. I asked Tesco and they said it's because I cancelled the contract

What do I do? It's not an option to keep the new number as I'd be out of a job since I don't have the means to get a new phone number out to all my colleagues and clients 

Message 1 of 3
1 ACCEPTED SOLUTION

Accepted Solutions

MI5
Level 94: Supreme
  • 144189 Posts
  • 634 Topics
  • 27632 Solutions

@alouette259 

Cancelling your Tesco contract was a mistake I'm afraid. 

Your only hope is asking O2 to contact Tesco to see if they can release your number to them. 

Guide: How to find help & contact O2 

I have no affiliation whatsoever with O2 or any subsidiary companies. Comments posted are entirely of my own opinion. This is not Customer Service so we are unable to help with account specific issues.

Currently using:
Pixel 7a (O2 & Lyca), One Plus 6 (Sfr), iPhone 12 Pro Max (Vodafone)

View solution in original post

Message 2 of 3
2 REPLIES 2

MI5
Level 94: Supreme
  • 144189 Posts
  • 634 Topics
  • 27632 Solutions

@alouette259 

Cancelling your Tesco contract was a mistake I'm afraid. 

Your only hope is asking O2 to contact Tesco to see if they can release your number to them. 

Guide: How to find help & contact O2 

I have no affiliation whatsoever with O2 or any subsidiary companies. Comments posted are entirely of my own opinion. This is not Customer Service so we are unable to help with account specific issues.

Currently using:
Pixel 7a (O2 & Lyca), One Plus 6 (Sfr), iPhone 12 Pro Max (Vodafone)
Message 2 of 3

Martin-O2
  • 8165 Posts
  • 772 Topics
  • 94 Solutions

Hey @alouette259 it would be great to her how this turns out for you so please drop in and give us an update once you've spoken to customer services. 

COVID-19 support - Help and support from O2 during the lockdown
Access for You: Registration - Find out how to register for our Access for You service.
Just joined the community or thinking of registering? Check out this handy starter guide!
Have a query about your account? login to My O2 for help

If you'd like to take part, why not register? slight_smile
signature

Message 3 of 3