cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Keeping number between pay and go sims

Anonymous
Not applicable

Hey guys,

I've just bought an iPhone 5c which will be arriving soon, I'd like to keep the phone number from my old sim card (which is also on o2), does anyone know how I do this?

Thanks in advance slight_smile x

Message 1 of 8
1 ACCEPTED SOLUTION

Accepted Solutions

jonsie
Level 94: Supreme
  • 93188 Posts
  • 609 Topics
  • 6967 Solutions

When you get the new phone and simcard simply use the form at http://swapmysim.o2.co.uk/ to swap your old number onto the new simcard.

Alternatively you can text SWAP to 20220 from your old phone to change the number to your new simcard.

It can take up to 24 hours but is invariably quicker. The last one I did took 15 minutes in total.

Once you have chosen your preferred method, the old sim card will disconnect from the network. At that stage keep rebooting the new phone with the new simcard in it until you get network coverage.

It might sound complicated but is very easy.

Good luck and come back to us if you get stuck.:smileyhappy:

View solution in original post

Message 2 of 8
7 REPLIES 7

jonsie
  • 93188 Posts
  • 609 Topics
  • 6967 Solutions

When you get the new phone and simcard simply use the form at http://swapmysim.o2.co.uk/ to swap your old number onto the new simcard.

Alternatively you can text SWAP to 20220 from your old phone to change the number to your new simcard.

It can take up to 24 hours but is invariably quicker. The last one I did took 15 minutes in total.

Once you have chosen your preferred method, the old sim card will disconnect from the network. At that stage keep rebooting the new phone with the new simcard in it until you get network coverage.

It might sound complicated but is very easy.

Good luck and come back to us if you get stuck.:smileyhappy:

Message 2 of 8

Anonymous
Not applicable

You are a God among men, thank you so much grin

Message 3 of 8

jonsie
  • 93188 Posts
  • 609 Topics
  • 6967 Solutions

Anonymous
Not applicable

Ooh I've just had a thought, can I get the credit on my current sim transferred too? The only problem is that my current sim is registered in my ex's name 😕

Thanks slight_smile

Message 5 of 8

aldaweb
  • 1722 Posts
  • 50 Topics
  • 65 Solutions

It should be transferred over once the SIM swap completes as you'll still have the same number.

iPhone 14 Pro (O2 ), S23U (EE), iPad Pro LTE (EE), .

Reviews: iPhone-X-first-impressions ¦ Blackberry Classic ¦ Blackberry Z30 ¦ Nokia Lumia 1020 ¦ Samsung S4 Mini Part 1 ¦ Samsung S4 Mini Pt. 2
Message 6 of 8

Anonymous
Not applicable

Hi

The Sim Swap will transfer your mobile number , current Tariff and Payg Credit over.

When I do this I take a screengrab of my My02 showing the credit just in case. I'm just overly careful.   slight_smile  

Message 7 of 8

MI5
  • 144206 Posts
  • 634 Topics
  • 27635 Solutions
It makes no difference who a PAYG sim is registered to when using the sim swap form but if it matters to you, you can update your details of ownership with O2.
I have no affiliation whatsoever with O2 or any subsidiary companies. Comments posted are entirely of my own opinion. This is not Customer Service so we are unable to help with account specific issues.

Currently using:
Pixel 7a (O2 & Lyca), One Plus 6 (Sfr), iPhone 12 Pro Max (Vodafone)
Message 8 of 8