cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Keep my number - O2 pay monthly to O2 pay monthly

Anonymous
Not applicable

Hi

I've just switched from a Blackberry to an iPhone but now have two mobile numbers! How do I keep my old number as there doesn't seem to be an option on the O2 website to do this.

I think I may have accidently just bought a new device rather than going through the upgrade process... Smiley Frustrated

Please help as I want to get on and use my new phone!

Thanks

Ally

Message 1 of 3
1 ACCEPTED SOLUTION

Accepted Solutions

Anonymous
Not applicable

@Anonymous wrote:

Hi

I've just switched from a Blackberry to an iPhone but now have two mobile numbers! How do I keep my old number as there doesn't seem to be an option on the O2 website to do this.

I think I may have accidently just bought a new device rather than going through the upgrade process... Smiley Frustrated

Thanks

Ally

Hi,

First you need to ask 02 Customer Services to move your data info from a Blackberry to an iPhone one as they are different.

Ring them on 202 to do this and then ask them about your possible error.

Normally to keep your number etc you would do what ive said below this, but an upgrade does this for you so its possible something has gone wrong.

To keep your number and tariff just pop into an 02 shop and ask for a blank sim card.

They will be able to let you ring customer services while your there to do the sim swap or take it home and use this link ;

http://swapmysim.o2.co.uk/

it takes from approx 2 hours to 24 hours to fully activate.

Just keep turning your phone off and back on to reset it.

The sim swap process will move your number and tariff across.

View solution in original post

Message 2 of 3
2 REPLIES 2

Anonymous
Not applicable

@Anonymous wrote:

Hi

Thanks

Ally

Hi,

First you need to ask 02 Customer Services to move your data info from a Blackberry to an iPhone one as they are different.

Ring them on 202 to do this and then ask them about your possible error.

Normally to keep your number etc you would do what ive said below this, but an upgrade does this for you so its possible something has gone wrong.

To keep your number and tariff just pop into an 02 shop and ask for a blank sim card.

They will be able to let you ring customer services while your there to do the sim swap or take it home and use this link ;

http://swapmysim.o2.co.uk/

it takes from approx 2 hours to 24 hours to fully activate.

Just keep turning your phone off and back on to reset it.

The sim swap process will move your number and tariff across.

Message 2 of 3

rawrz
Level 13: Prompter
  • 70 Posts
  • 1 Topics
  • 25 Solutions
it sounds like you have set up a new account. sim swap will not work. you need to call 202 and as them to do a consumer duplicate account this is where they close down the old account and move the number to the new one
Message 3 of 3