Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Keep O2 number on another O2 account

CJP1
Level 1: Joiner
  • 1 Posts
  • 1 Topics
  • 0 Solutions

I currently have an iPhone XR on O2 and the contract has now finished, I pay£40 per month.

I want to get the iPhone 12 for the same amount monthly, but to upgrade through O2 is not possible as they want around £57 a month for a similar contract.

I can get a phone on O2 from a few online mobile phone sellers but my question is, if I get a phone this way will I be able to transfer my existing number to the new contract ie still on O2 but not obtained directly from O2?

if not I'll need to select a different network which I know will enable me to port my O2 number over to.

previously I was on EE and they categorically said it wasn't possible to move my number from one EE sim to another which is how I ended up on O2.

Message 1 of 4
1 ACCEPTED SOLUTION

Accepted Solutions

MI5
Level 94: Supreme
  • 143438 Posts
  • 632 Topics
  • 27490 Solutions

@CJP1 

Unlike EE a number migration is possible with O2.

You just need to call customer service Guide: Coronavirus Community Help and Support 

I have no affiliation whatsoever with O2 or any subsidiary companies. Comments posted are entirely of my own opinion. This is not Customer Service so we are unable to help with account specific issues.

Currently using:
Pixel 7a (O2 & Lyca), One Plus 6 (Sfr), iPhone 12 Pro Max (Vodafone)

View solution in original post

Message 2 of 4
3 REPLIES 3

MI5
  • 143438 Posts
  • 632 Topics
  • 27490 Solutions

@CJP1 

Unlike EE a number migration is possible with O2.

You just need to call customer service Guide: Coronavirus Community Help and Support 

I have no affiliation whatsoever with O2 or any subsidiary companies. Comments posted are entirely of my own opinion. This is not Customer Service so we are unable to help with account specific issues.

Currently using:
Message 2 of 4

Adz888
Level 1: Joiner
  • 1 Posts
  • 0 Topics
  • 0 Solutions

Hi,

Do you know if this is still the case? I'm an existing o2 customer and I want to take up a deal from a third party which uses o2's network. Can I port my number across?

Thanks.

Message 3 of 4

MI5
  • 143438 Posts
  • 632 Topics
  • 27490 Solutions

@Adz888 

You don't port, you just need to migrate Guide: Migration & porting into O2  

Currently using:
Message 4 of 4