cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Just received my iphone 5c it keeps saying you are not subscribed to a mobile network

Anonymous
Not applicable

I got my new iphone 5c yesterday and did the sim swap all ok, it works with wifi but when I go to access anything out of wifi it say 'could not activate mobile data network' and 'you are not subscribed to a mobile data servie'. Can anyone help please. its very frustrating!

Thanks in advance

Katheryn

Message 1 of 11
10 REPLIES 10

Anonymous
Not applicable

It sounds like the sim swap may not have gone through.....might be worth ringing customer services.

Also, make sure you havent got "flight mode" turned on.

Lastly, try performing a manual network search through the settings menu.

Good luck

Message 2 of 11

jonsie
Level 94: Supreme
  • 93253 Posts
  • 609 Topics
  • 6984 Solutions

Text ACTIVE to 2020 and save the settings from the text you receive. Reboot the  phone  and you should be OK. 

If you haven't done so, call customer  services  and ask them to change your data bolt on to  I data.  You can check it in my o2.

If on a standard bolt on change the APN to mobile.o2.co.uk

Message 3 of 11

Anonymous
Not applicable

Thanks I'll give them a call. I can make phone calls and send messages, would this be the case if the sim swap hadn;t of worked?!

Thanks

Message 4 of 11

Anonymous
Not applicable

Hi thanks for your reply. I may be being a bit dim but how do I save the settings from the message. the options i have are copy, add to reading list, open or cancel.

Thanks

Message 5 of 11

jonsie
  • 93253 Posts
  • 609 Topics
  • 6984 Solutions

Anonymous
Not applicable

thanks, the settings are all right so best give them a call I suppose. Very frustrating!! Thanks for you help

Message 7 of 11

jonsie
  • 93253 Posts
  • 609 Topics
  • 6984 Solutions

Anonymous
Not applicable
You could try

Settings , General , Reset , Reset Network Settings.
Message 9 of 11

MI5
  • 144688 Posts
  • 634 Topics
  • 27733 Solutions
You will have to call as you don'y have iData on your account.
Ask CS to put you on data for iPhone then make sure your phone apn's are iData.o2.co.uk
I have no affiliation whatsoever with O2 or any subsidiary companies. Comments posted are entirely of my own opinion. This is not Customer Service so we are unable to help with account specific issues.

Currently using:
Pixel 7a (O2 & Lyca), One Plus 6 (Sfr), iPhone 12 Pro Max (Vodafone)
Message 10 of 11