Did you mean: 

Join O2 - keep my number

DavidG2020
Level 1: Joiner
  • 3 Posts
  • 1 Topics
  • 0 Solutions

Hi there, 

Not sure if this is related to Covid19 reduced support, I recently submitted, twice, the PAC code online under O2 Q&A guidance link, in order to keep my previous mobile number. Tried to ring 202 however obviously this is not "critical" issue hence the call was ended by system directly. It has been around 10 days since my first submission and I don't want to double-pay my contract thus expecting an switchover as quick as possible. Any idea to solve this would be highly appreciated. 

Thanks a lot. 

David  

Message 1 of 5
4 REPLIES 4

MI5
Level 94: Supreme
  • 144780 Posts
  • 634 Topics
  • 27735 Solutions

@DavidG2020 

Number ports and transfers are taking days or even weeks right now, sorry.

https://www.o2.co.uk/help/phones-sims-and-devices/how-to-keep-your-mobile-number 

Guide: Coronavirus Community Help and Support 

I have no affiliation whatsoever with O2 or any subsidiary companies. Comments posted are entirely of my own opinion. This is not Customer Service so we are unable to help with account specific issues.

Currently using:
Pixel 7a (O2 & Lyca), One Plus 6 (Sfr), iPhone 12 Pro Max (Vodafone)
Message 2 of 5

DavidG2020
  • 3 Posts
  • 1 Topics
  • 0 Solutions
Thanks a lot MI5. Do you know, by any chance, how quick the number porting could be resumed? Thanks.
Message 3 of 5

MI5
Level 94: Supreme
  • 144780 Posts
  • 634 Topics
  • 27735 Solutions
I don't know, sorry.
It all depends of how quickly O2 can get staff back into work. Many are working from home and can't access the mainframe to make the changes.
I have no affiliation whatsoever with O2 or any subsidiary companies. Comments posted are entirely of my own opinion. This is not Customer Service so we are unable to help with account specific issues.

Currently using:
Pixel 7a (O2 & Lyca), One Plus 6 (Sfr), iPhone 12 Pro Max (Vodafone)
Message 4 of 5

DavidG2020
  • 3 Posts
  • 1 Topics
  • 0 Solutions
Thank you. Appreciate your help!
Message 5 of 5