cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Internet usage

Anonymous
Not applicable

My free 500mbs of data ran out last week but I'm now being charged £1 a day for data that I'm not using.

Anyone know why this is?

Message 1 of 6
1 ACCEPTED SOLUTION

Accepted Solutions

Anonymous
Not applicable

Are you positive you have the 500Mb data bolton and you are being charged for data usage?

O2 pretty much stops your data when you get to the limit so that you won't be charged for going over. On your bill, check the Recent Charges section to find out what it is.

The £1 a day is a bolton called 'O2 Web Daily' and the 500Mb is the 'All Rounder' (or equivalent data bolton pre-2011/2012). Both can't be on the same account.

View solution in original post

Message 4 of 6
5 REPLIES 5

jonsie
Level 94: Supreme
  • 93154 Posts
  • 609 Topics
  • 6953 Solutions

Apps or programmes running in the background will be updating. Turn off mobile/cellular data and just use wifi to stop the charges. Switch it back on when your bolt on is renewed.

You could purchase another bolt on which would be cheaper than the £1 a day if you want to leave mobile data switched on.

Message 2 of 6

Anonymous
Not applicable

use wifi where possible & cell data when nessesary

Message 3 of 6

Anonymous
Not applicable

Are you positive you have the 500Mb data bolton and you are being charged for data usage?

O2 pretty much stops your data when you get to the limit so that you won't be charged for going over. On your bill, check the Recent Charges section to find out what it is.

The £1 a day is a bolton called 'O2 Web Daily' and the 500Mb is the 'All Rounder' (or equivalent data bolton pre-2011/2012). Both can't be on the same account.

Message 4 of 6

Anonymous
Not applicable

@Anonymous wrote:

They don't stop your data, they just slow it down

Message 5 of 6

Anonymous
Not applicable

@Anonymous wrote:

@Anonymous wrote:

They don't stop your data, they just slow it down

Yeah, you're right - but most requests end up timing out when it's throttled so I usually just say it stops.

Message 6 of 6