cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Internet browsing/download false charges

Anonymous
Not applicable

I contacted O2 Chat last month about £23 worth of internet browsing charges on my bill. I never use my phone for browsing or downloading. As a precauton, I have since disabled access to the internet on my phone and I don't use any apps but this month there was a further £1 approx charge for the same thing. What is causing of these charges?

The guru I spoke to agreed to waive them from the first bill and said I would get a refund the following month. This month -surprise surprise - no refund. Chatted to a guru today who said the charges were valid and there was nothing he could do about it. I am very annoyed that:-

A. I am getting random browsing charges that I have not incurred

B. They have reneged on their promise of a refund 

C. By implication they have accused me of lying about the agreed refund.

I have been a loyal longstanding customer of O2 but the way this has been handled has made me reconsider my options. Before I change provider has anyone else experienced these random downloading charges? 

Message 1 of 2
1 ACCEPTED SOLUTION

Accepted Solutions

Anonymous
Not applicable
Hi Geoff326 and welcome to the forum.

we are all customers here (Mainly) so any advice is purely what we have experienced ourselves or knowledge gained from others.

When you say you disabled internet access was that turning network data off?

If so, I'm pretty sure that you shouldn't be getting the charge.

The only other advice I can give is to contact customer services by calling 202 and speaking to them. Don't use the live chat they are more than useless as you've already experienced on more than one occasion.

View solution in original post

Message 2 of 2
1 REPLY 1

Anonymous
Not applicable
Hi Geoff326 and welcome to the forum.

we are all customers here (Mainly) so any advice is purely what we have experienced ourselves or knowledge gained from others.

When you say you disabled internet access was that turning network data off?

If so, I'm pretty sure that you shouldn't be getting the charge.

The only other advice I can give is to contact customer services by calling 202 and speaking to them. Don't use the live chat they are more than useless as you've already experienced on more than one occasion.
Message 2 of 2