Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

International Charges?

technopete
Level 1: Joiner
  • 2 Posts
  • 1 Topics
  • 0 Solutions

Sorry if this has been posted about recently but I have been unable to find any information relating to this.

I'm currently living in Thailand, and using a local sim card. When I check my pay monthly O2 sim, I always switch off mobile data before changing over sims.

I currently appear to be being billed for messages received! - I catagorically have not sent any text messages using my O2 sim. I'm also not subscribed to the travel bolt on as that charged me £5 for recieving a text! I only use TuGo on my thai sim for this and calls back to the UK.

The number that it comes up with on my current bill is 7802000332 - there are indications that this is some kind of service center number? - and once again I haven't texted any one from my O2 number/ sim!!

Does any one know how to stop these charges - given that receiving texts are meant to be free?

Message 1 of 5
1 ACCEPTED SOLUTION

Accepted Solutions

MI5
Level 94: Supreme
  • 147021 Posts
  • 636 Topics
  • 28283 Solutions
Do you have an iPhone?
If so, you need to turn off iMessage and Facetime as they will send texts to register the phone each time it is turned on.
I have no affiliation whatsoever with O2 or any subsidiary companies. Comments posted are entirely of my own opinion. This is not Customer Service so we are unable to help with account specific issues.
Please select the post that helped you best and mark as the solution. This helps other members in resolving their issues faster. Thank you.

View solution in original post

Message 3 of 5
4 REPLIES 4

Anonymous
Not applicable

@technopete

That seems to be the message centre. You may need to call customer service to find out about the charges as we cannot access your account for you here as we are all customers like you 

Message 2 of 5

MI5
  • 147021 Posts
  • 636 Topics
  • 28283 Solutions
Do you have an iPhone?
If so, you need to turn off iMessage and Facetime as they will send texts to register the phone each time it is turned on.
I have no affiliation whatsoever with O2 or any subsidiary companies. Comments posted are entirely of my own opinion. This is not Customer Service so we are unable to help with account specific issues.
Please select the post that helped you best and mark as the solution. This helps other members in resolving their issues faster. Thank you.
Message 3 of 5

technopete
Level 1: Joiner
  • 2 Posts
  • 1 Topics
  • 0 Solutions
I do. They are switched off, but I did not know that! Thanks!
Message 4 of 5

MI5
  • 147021 Posts
  • 636 Topics
  • 28283 Solutions
Good luck....
Message 5 of 5