Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Insurance claim

AmyMac
Level 1: Joiner
  • 2 Posts
  • 1 Topics
  • 0 Solutions
Very disappointed in the insurance claim. I pay £34 every month for the tarrif which (which I barely use the 15gig!), and separate amount for the handset £15.50. A third amount for insurance £9. Then I make an insurance claim after a year as my screen broke due to me tripping over. I was told I'll be sent a new phone, lovely. I received an unboxed phone, no info, no idea on the phone's history etc. Told it's refurbished. I believe I'd be entitled to a new phone or my own phone screen replaced as I pay plenty every month and never had a phone contract before where you pay a separate amount for the handset itself!! Very shocked. The phone was just unboxed in a cardboard sleeve and in a DPD bag.
When I sent a complaint I was just fobbed off in a letter. It said the phones have 28 day warranty!!! Madness! And whether it's a new or refurbished or repaired is upto them and they are all put in o2 packaging. That's rubbish too!
Sorry for the long post, I'm just so shocked and feel ripped off. Such a big company making shortcuts like this. The last claim I made was a few years ago for a damaged phone and I was sent a brand new phone, the next model up, in fact, within 2 days.
Their excuse was that it's a fast paced company. I don't think that's a good excuse at all.
Advice and experience would be appreciated
Amy
Message 1 of 4
3 REPLIES 3

MI5
Level 94: Supreme
  • 143438 Posts
  • 632 Topics
  • 27490 Solutions

@AmyMac 

Unfortunately, according to the insurance T&C's they are entitled to choose whether to repair or replace and with a refurbished phone if they deem that the most effective way.

Refurbished phones actually have a 12 month warranty, not 28 days, that is your immediate replacement period if the new phone is faulty at all.

I have no affiliation whatsoever with O2 or any subsidiary companies. Comments posted are entirely of my own opinion. This is not Customer Service so we are unable to help with account specific issues.

Currently using:
Pixel 7a (O2 & Lyca), One Plus 6 (Sfr), iPhone 12 Pro Max (Vodafone)
Message 2 of 4

AmyMac
Level 1: Joiner
  • 2 Posts
  • 1 Topics
  • 0 Solutions
I really don't want to accept that answer. It's infuriating. Do you know how to cancel the insurance? I feel like there's no point in paying that monthly payment.
Many thanks for your response
Message 3 of 4

MI5
Level 94: Supreme
  • 143438 Posts
  • 632 Topics
  • 27490 Solutions

@AmyMac 

You'll need to call customer service to give 30 days notice to cancel the insurance.
Numbers here Guide: Coronavirus Community Help and Support 
Or advice from an O2 Guru regarding a way to get through:
If you call 202, when it comes to the reason you are calling stay silent for 15 seconds and you will be taken to the keypad options.
Press 2 for Everything Else
Press 5 for More Options
Press 7 for Anything Else which will put you though to someone.
Say "Upgrade", "Lost/Stolen" or "Fraud" if you have to, to get put through to someone.

I have no affiliation whatsoever with O2 or any subsidiary companies. Comments posted are entirely of my own opinion. This is not Customer Service so we are unable to help with account specific issues.

Currently using:
Pixel 7a (O2 & Lyca), One Plus 6 (Sfr), iPhone 12 Pro Max (Vodafone)
Message 4 of 4