cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Insurance - Complaint

Anonymous
Not applicable

I placed an insurance claim for my HTC One X+ on 20/04/2014 and was told my phone was not in stock. I was told that I would be called on 22/04/2014 with an update when stock comes in.

I received no call on 22/04/2014 so I personally rang up O2. They said that yes, the phone is in stock and that they will send it out to me for a phone swap.

Today (24/04/2014) I received the phone after swapping it with the courier, only to find that it was the wrong phone.

I rang up again and was told that they do not know it was sent out to me as the HTC One X+ is still not back in stock. They said that I would just have to wait for it come back in stock, and then they will replace it.

So now I am left with a different phone that is not the correct one that I am paying for. I have been paying my full contract, monthly insurance premium and my excess for the phone, but have nothing that I have paid for. As I have not been given a date for when my phone can be replaced, I am left waiting with no reassurance.

As I am not always available at home, this causing me disruptions, and now even more so without having the correct phone.

Message 1 of 21
20 REPLIES 20

MI5
Level 94: Supreme
  • 144780 Posts
  • 634 Topics
  • 27735 Solutions
What phone did you get?
The One X+ is quite old now and may be replaced with a newer model.......
I have no affiliation whatsoever with O2 or any subsidiary companies. Comments posted are entirely of my own opinion. This is not Customer Service so we are unable to help with account specific issues.

Currently using:
Pixel 7a (O2 & Lyca), One Plus 6 (Sfr), iPhone 12 Pro Max (Vodafone)
Message 2 of 21

Anonymous
Not applicable
Appreciate your frustration.

As asked which did they supply.

O 2 do have a complaints form http://www.o2.co.uk/how-to-complain/complain

Hope all goes ok.
Message 3 of 21

adamtemp64
Level 66: Unequalled
  • 16454 Posts
  • 312 Topics
  • 1316 Solutions

the policy for o2 insurance states this

"In the event of a successful Claim, We will, at Our discretion, either repair or replace Your

Equipment. If replaced, it will be a model of a similar specification"

So you are not entitled to the same phone they can substitute it.

As asked already what did they send you?

iPhone 11 Pro 256gb on unlimited data
iPad Pro 12.9” 2020 256gb refresh o2 family discount
Apple Watch series 4
My first mobile was in 1995 a CM-R111 from sony on Cellnet.
Wincanton South Somerset (Full 4g 3G 2g indoor coverage) Remember we are all customers here not customer services

Message 4 of 21

Anonymous
Not applicable

I was given an older refurbished HTC one X, but told that a One X+ was sent out.

Message 5 of 21

Anonymous
Not applicable

Thats not on at all I understand they can substitute it but sureley not for a lower model Hopefully a complaint would help get it sorted

Message 6 of 21

Anonymous
Not applicable
The replacement should be of a comparable model to what you had.

I'd defiantly go down the Complaint Route via the online form
If they won't assist after speaking to them via phone.
Message 7 of 21

Anonymous
Not applicable

The main problem is that I have work and exams next week, and this is causing me more problems without even a date when I could expect it to be replaced.

Message 8 of 21

Anonymous
Not applicable

It is extremely frustrating but there is not much more you can do at the moment then make a complaint and hope you got it sorted quickly

Message 9 of 21

Anonymous
Not applicable

I Sent off an email. I hope this gets sorted soon 😞

Message 10 of 21