I've been a customer for a week and feel robbed and defrauded

Anonymous
Not applicable

Needed a phone at short notice,

chose phone on site, available in store

ordered click and collect

Went to collect

no phone

Chose and purchased different phone from available stock and went to cancel ordered phone.

told I have to wait untill phone arrives instore to cancel

wait 3 days

Phone to cancel phone (now instore) told to go instore

visit store, told to phone and cancel

Phone to cancel, helpfull person contacts store and aranges return of phone,

But

Informs me a refund cannot be processed untill the phone arrives back with them and it will take a further two weeks for a refund to process.

Meaning...

O2 will have had my money for three weeks for a phone they failed to provide when promised and that has never left their posession.

Is this normal practice for O2?

It feels criminal

I'm aghast that this is how 02 intends to do business and seroiously considering taking a hit on the simlocked phone and finding a more ethical provider, it's just so disapointing to feel this ripped off a week into trying a new service.

Message 1 of 11
10 REPLIES 10

Bambino
Level 84: Resplendent
  • 23047 Posts
  • 1025 Topics
  • 3674 Solutions

You have 14 days to change your mind and cancel the whole thing. Going on your experience, that might be the way to go. It really depends on if you would get as good or better coverage from another network.

I DO NOT WORK FOR O2

Funniest-Thread-2
Message 2 of 11

Cleoriff
Level 94: Supreme
  • 122829 Posts
  • 826 Topics
  • 7467 Solutions

Hi @Anonymous

This seems to be an appalling tale of incompetence. Brought about by O2's failure to stock the phone they charged you for. We see this a lot and is the reason why we always advise people to go instore and buy the phone they want there and then

If you wish to complain then follow this link..

http://www.o2.co.uk/how-to-complain

Veritas Numquam Perit

Girl in a jacket
Message 3 of 11

MI5
  • 144193 Posts
  • 634 Topics
  • 27633 Solutions
It's normal practice and the same for all networks - not all that ethical, I agree but it's how the business is.
I have no affiliation whatsoever with O2 or any subsidiary companies. Comments posted are entirely of my own opinion. This is not Customer Service so we are unable to help with account specific issues.

Currently using:
Pixel 7a (O2 & Lyca), One Plus 6 (Sfr), iPhone 12 Pro Max (Vodafone)
Message 4 of 11

jonsie
  • 93186 Posts
  • 609 Topics
  • 6967 Solutions

It's certainly the way o2 work, nice bit of interest on your money and everyone is happy except for the poor customer. To be frank, in this day and age there should be absolutely no way you have to wait for the phone to be delivered to the store in order to cancel. Crazy beyond belief and it's time the official regulation people sorted this out. Shame on O2....

Message 5 of 11

Cleoriff
  • 122829 Posts
  • 826 Topics
  • 7467 Solutions

I suppose we have said it before but could repeat again...A live stock ordering system would really be the way forward....:smileysad:

Veritas Numquam Perit

Girl in a jacket
Message 6 of 11

gindygoo
Level 25: Hard Hitter
  • 1340 Posts
  • 59 Topics
  • 27 Solutions

@Cleoriff wrote:

I suppose we have said it before but could repeat again...A live stock ordering system would really be the way forward....:smileysad:

Good Idea

If only somebody actually heard the pleas?

@Toby @Anonymous 

Message 7 of 11

jonsie
  • 93186 Posts
  • 609 Topics
  • 6967 Solutions

I don't think the present regime have any inclination to introduce live stock ordering system. We can only hope for better when Three take over, though I'm not sure they have it yet.

Message 8 of 11

Cleoriff
  • 122829 Posts
  • 826 Topics
  • 7467 Solutions

I know a live ordering system would be a massive undertaking to install...but I shop online 95% of the time and just can't understand why it hasn't been done as yet. . Amazon do it...as well as not taking your money till the order is ready for dispatch.....and, due to customer pressure and complaints they have also started their own delivery business. .. When Three take over they do need to make some major investments in the new company

Veritas Numquam Perit

Girl in a jacket
Message 9 of 11

jonsie
  • 93186 Posts
  • 609 Topics
  • 6967 Solutions

When ordering accessories from o2 online,  if they use outsourced suppliers you get an email from that supplier of its out of stock asking if you want t cancel. That's been my experience when ordering earphones. If their suppliers can do it why not o2?

Message 10 of 11