cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

I have been overcharged for calls i have not made.

Anonymous
Not applicable

I have received a bill for 130 pounds. My phone was lost last month, however there was a lock on it so no calls could have been made. Last month O2 took 100 pounds out of my bank account for a bill and i was left with 15 pounds to last me. 

I've looked at my bill and another charge for 130 pounds is still there. I have cancelled my direct debit but is their anyway I can ensure O2 doesn't take this money? I had a similar problem with T-mobile. 

Considering my monthly bill is £14 I think this is rediculous.

Message 1 of 6
1 ACCEPTED SOLUTION

Accepted Solutions

Anonymous
Not applicable

@Anonymous wrote:

I have received a bill for 130 pounds. My phone was lost last month, however there was a lock on it so no calls could have been made. Last month O2 took 100 pounds out of my bank account for a bill and i was left with 15 pounds to last me. 

I've looked at my bill and another charge for 130 pounds is still there. I have cancelled my direct debit but is their anyway I can ensure O2 doesn't take this money? I had a similar problem with T-mobile. 

Lock on what ?

Sim card lock or a lock on your phone.

The finder could have inserted your sim into another phone.

Contact Customer Services dialing 202 from your 02 phone, not Live Chat, to get a full account of what these charges are for and take it from there.

Stopping your Direct Debits could lead to adverse Credit Reference File.

View solution in original post

Message 2 of 6
5 REPLIES 5

Anonymous
Not applicable

@Anonymous wrote:

Lock on what ?

Sim card lock or a lock on your phone.

The finder could have inserted your sim into another phone.

Contact Customer Services dialing 202 from your 02 phone, not Live Chat, to get a full account of what these charges are for and take it from there.

Stopping your Direct Debits could lead to adverse Credit Reference File.

Message 2 of 6

Anonymous
Not applicable

I checked what calls had been made and none have been made since febuary. Seems like 02 has made a huge mistake. 

I will be getting in touch with customer service tomorrow. 

If my bill says they have taken 100 pounds out of my account for no reason, surely i will be able to recall this from them? I will be cancelling my contract as well. Absolutly absurd.

Message 3 of 6

Anonymous
Not applicable

Yes you are able to recall it by getting onto your bank as the direct debit is covered by the direct debit guarantee

Message 4 of 6

Anonymous
Not applicable

to cancel your contrct you will need to pay the remainder of your contract

Message 5 of 6

perksie
Level 69: Guiding Light
  • 27019 Posts
  • 247 Topics
  • 1614 Solutions

To be fair unless you blocked the phone by calling O2 immediately you lost it they are entitled to charge for any use made on it.

You cannot cancel the contract because of this and it will cause you more problems if you do.

Phone locks can be bypassed, you need to talk to O2 calmly and find out what has happened here.

A stolen contract phone is like cash in the bank for thieves.

To support Disasters Emergency Committee: http://www.dec.org.uk/appeals text Nepal to 70000 to send £5

Sky Unlimited Broadband - Windows 10 - Nexus 4 Android 5.1.1
Message 6 of 6