cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

I am an 02 customer from last 5 years!!

Anonymous
Not applicable

Hello,

I am a 02 customer from last 5 years, and I cant believe that when I tried to order a new contract (IPhone 5 16gb 24 months), 02 wanted me to pay a deposit of £150.

They said they will refund me after 3 months of paying the bills!! It looks like a joke to me, I am paying them from last 5 years more then £40 a month, and they still ask me for deposit.

Is anyone here who had the same problem?

If things are like that I am seriously thinking to leave 02, as many people I heard saying 02 doesnt have a very good customer service, and they dont even do anything to improve it and make their customers happy.

Message 1 of 17
16 REPLIES 16

jonsie
Level 94: Supreme
  • 93186 Posts
  • 609 Topics
  • 6967 Solutions

It does seem a strange decision. However, they take into account various factors such as paymen history, employment, whether you are a student, age, credit check, whether you're on the Electoral Roll, how long you have been at your present address etc.

Try speaking to them on 202 for an explanation.

Message 2 of 17

Anonymous
Not applicable
As said try not to take it too personally

They will have run a new credit check and something may have come back.

Join experian to get a copy of your credit reference file to see if anything is wrong.
Message 3 of 17

Anonymous
Not applicable

Only thing I can think of is I am on my new address from last six months, and I ve been about 4 and half on my preovious one. However is still disappointing, if someone is paying the bills on time and never missing a single one they should be considering that, specially when is this long time.

I could have taken this personally if it was only about myself. My husband had the same issue recently, they asked him for deposit as well and he is with 02 more or less same lenght of time, about 5 years. 

Only thing i can think of is might be something wrong with this address, has I live in a flat, they might be considering the whole building or kind of thing.

If this is the case any chance I can change the address and order it again? I mean if I put my family address will it be ok?

Thanks for your advices in advance!! 

Message 4 of 17

adamtemp64
Level 66: Unequalled
  • 16454 Posts
  • 312 Topics
  • 1316 Solutions

are you on the electrol register at the new flat?

iPhone 11 Pro 256gb on unlimited data
iPad Pro 12.9” 2020 256gb refresh o2 family discount
Apple Watch series 4
My first mobile was in 1995 a CM-R111 from sony on Cellnet.
Wincanton South Somerset (Full 4g 3G 2g indoor coverage) Remember we are all customers here not customer services

Message 5 of 17

Anonymous
Not applicable

Not yet. I have just received the form. Going to do ASAP!! But I was not registered on my previous address either.

Message 6 of 17

adamtemp64
  • 16454 Posts
  • 312 Topics
  • 1316 Solutions

As a guess that will be the reason the electrol roll is very important from what I understand

Apple Watch series 4
Wincanton South Somerset (Full 4g 3G 2g indoor coverage) Remember we are all customers here not customer services

Message 7 of 17

Anonymous
Not applicable

Well if I do it now, will it make any difference?

Message 8 of 17

adamtemp64
  • 16454 Posts
  • 312 Topics
  • 1316 Solutions

depends when the local council update the roll and make it public.

I would talk to o2 on the phone to get an accurate picture and see what they can do

Apple Watch series 4

Message 9 of 17

Anonymous
Not applicable

Well I was not registered on my previous address either and we got 2 mobile contracts with 02. 

Do I need to call them to sort this out or can I just pop in to any of the near store and see?

To be honest I am quite happy with 02 as a network, never had a network problem or bill overcharges etc... only thing which lets me down is that being a long term customer they are not trying to keep you with them when we say we thinking of leaving, instead they will say to try on some other network. 

I ve got still couple of months for my upgrade (july 23) , and dont know what to do. 

Message 10 of 17