cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

How do I order a new SIM to replace my damaged one?

DanL1991
Level 1: Joiner
  • 2 Posts
  • 1 Topics
  • 0 Solutions

So my SIM card has suddenly stopped working, it's not receiving any service or allowing me to turn on mobile data (I'm using an iphone 8).

I've tried the SIM in a number of my old o2 and unlocked phones and it has the same issue, regardless of device. I've tested my partners SIM in my iphone 8 too, which works... so it's not a device problem.

How am I meant to go about getting a replacement SIM right now? I obviously can't go into a store as their support section suggests, and calling customer services tells me they're only helping those who want to join or leave o2, so it disconnects (got to love talking to robots before people).

Has anyone got a direct customer service email address, as I can't see anything on their contact us page.

Thanks!

Message 1 of 4
3 REPLIES 3

O2Jamie
O2 Support
O2 Support
  • 41 Posts
  • 0 Topics
  • 1 Solutions

You do have to contact customer service to resolve this issue. You can also contact our social media teams with this query but they may be busier due to circumstances and will help you as soon as they can.

https://community.o2.co.uk/t5/Other-Products-and-Services/Coronavirus-Covid-19-Community-Help-and-Su...

signature
Message 2 of 4

DanL1991
  • 2 Posts
  • 1 Topics
  • 0 Solutions

Thanks Jamie,

I'll give them another ring and try to get through.

Message 3 of 4

jonsie
Level 94: Supreme
  • 93348 Posts
  • 610 Topics
  • 6986 Solutions

You need to call O2 then choose any of the options, fraud etc
Everything is taking longer due to the lockdown. Call centres and social distancing means limited staff to handle all the queries. Patience needed I'm afraid.
https://community.o2.co.uk/t5/Other-Products-and-Services/Coronavirus-Covid-19-Community-Help-and-Su...
Other numbers to try
0800 977 7337
0800 587 4005
0800 0901808

Message 4 of 4