cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

How do I change my plan?

Anonymous
Not applicable

Hello,

I currently pay £14.25, but I am not in the UK. I want to keep my number but can I change to a plan where it doesnt include as many ammenities?

Is there a packaging where I can pay to just keep the number? 

Thanks 

Message 1 of 9
1 ACCEPTED SOLUTION

Accepted Solutions

adamtemp64
  • 16454 Posts
  • 312 Topics
  • 1316 Solutions

Your options depends on when your current contract ends.

But if it has finished and you swap to payg it is a call / sms every 6 months not every 90 days as per the current t&c  http://www.o2.co.uk/termsandconditions/mobile/on-pay-and-go-our-service-terms-are-worth-a-read#bm-ou...

iPhone 11 Pro 256gb on unlimited data
iPad Pro 12.9” 2020 256gb refresh o2 family discount
Apple Watch series 4
My first mobile was in 1995 a CM-R111 from sony on Cellnet.
Wincanton South Somerset (Full 4g 3G 2g indoor coverage) Remember we are all customers here not customer services

View solution in original post

Message 3 of 9
8 REPLIES 8

PhoneChanger
Level 30: Meditator
  • 1343 Posts
  • 65 Topics
  • 101 Solutions
There are no contracts that are "line rental" only without any inclusive minutes, texts or data, and at £14.25 per month it sounds like you're on one of the lowest tariffs available.

Best option would be to change to Pay as you go and just make sure every 90 days to make a call or send a text to keep the account active.
Message 2 of 9

adamtemp64
  • 16454 Posts
  • 312 Topics
  • 1316 Solutions

Your options depends on when your current contract ends.

But if it has finished and you swap to payg it is a call / sms every 6 months not every 90 days as per the current t&c  http://www.o2.co.uk/termsandconditions/mobile/on-pay-and-go-our-service-terms-are-worth-a-read#bm-ou...

iPhone 11 Pro 256gb on unlimited data
iPad Pro 12.9” 2020 256gb refresh o2 family discount
Apple Watch series 4
My first mobile was in 1995 a CM-R111 from sony on Cellnet.
Wincanton South Somerset (Full 4g 3G 2g indoor coverage) Remember we are all customers here not customer services

Message 3 of 9

Cleoriff
  • 122809 Posts
  • 826 Topics
  • 7466 Solutions

You can't downgrade mid contract. It is also problematic to do many changes whilst abroad. Best bet is to contact customer services and discuss your options. There is a number to call from abroad in this contact us link http://www.o2.co.uk/contactus

Veritas Numquam Perit

Girl in a jacket
Message 4 of 9

Anonymous
Not applicable

hello there i am having difficulty on paying my monthly bill as an old aged pensioner its getting too much for me i would like to go on pay as you go as i only text now i very rare you my mobile for talking on just texting is there any possible chance i could cancell my monthly payment and go on pay as you go and stil keep my number ok would love some help please thankyou

Message 5 of 9

PhoneChanger
  • 1343 Posts
  • 65 Topics
  • 101 Solutions
hi @Anonymous if you are out of contract (ie you have completed your 24 months), or you are on a refresh contract and have paid off your device plan you are free to downgrade to Pay as you go at any time and you will be able to retain your number.

Just give O2 a call on 202 and they'll sort the rest out (best to call between 08:00 and 09:00 as there are smaller queues at this time)
Message 6 of 9

jonsie
Level 94: Supreme
  • 93176 Posts
  • 609 Topics
  • 6967 Solutions

How long have you had the current contract? If it's a 30 day simplicity contract then there is no problem in changing. If it's a 12 month contract you would need to pay off the remaining months.

Message 7 of 9

Anonymous
Not applicable

hi there i dont know when my contract runs out i just know how to use the phone for text and to make a phone call in a emergency to my son or my friend thats all and to take a few pictures thats it do they tell you when you contract runs out what happends if you cant pay they bill as i am so scared of being cut off as i take it with me when i go out and if i have a fall i just press one button on the key pad but i need a phone if i go out its just getting on top of me paying for some thing i never use paying all that money 28.00 a month and thats it but i have no phone call or used it for the internet or any other but being charged for it thats my point and my son as told me ok thank but do need help

Message 8 of 9

Cleoriff
  • 122809 Posts
  • 826 Topics
  • 7466 Solutions

Hi @Anonymous If you check on MyO2 it will tell you everything you need to know about your contract, plan and options...http://www.o2.co.uk/myo2

Veritas Numquam Perit

Girl in a jacket
Message 9 of 9