Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Help needed O2 pay monthly.

Valentino
Level 1: Joiner
  • 4 Posts
  • 1 Topics
  • 0 Solutions

So on the date of 18 of June I went to a O2 stores to get a SIM deal only and I got 6gb for 15£ all good then two days later on the date of 20 I seen a new offer for 18£ for 12GB of data so I went into the shop and upgraded to the new plan.

All good my data allowance changed instantly from 6Gb to 12Gb and bill was generate at a charge of 15£ which I paid on the date of 3 July.

Ok so now new bill came for the month of July and to be paid by 1 august which 51£.

Is that normal? I was expecting just 18£ + maybe 5-/7£ more since I used more than 6Gb that month I used the 12gb provided.

Two months charge ? 18+18=36? Why they charging vat now? Last bill vat was included in the 15£. 12.50+2.50(VAT) =15£.

Now there is on top of the two months charge an added VAT of around 20%.

So my bill now went from 18 that been printed on the contract sim deal only in shop to 24 from customer support on the phone they told me I'll be charged 24£ pounds not 18£.

And nobody in the shop ever mentioned I will be charged two months in advance and also that vat is not included.

Who pays 51£ for 12 GB of data I think that is way too much I was expecting 18£ everymonth from now on.

All I want is paid what they printed me on the recipe 18£ everymonth for 12 months not 51 now and not 24 from now on.

I've been to the shop they couldn't help me they don't see the discount anymore from 33£ down to 18£ ...customer support said they credited my account with 15£ but I'll still have to pay this month 51£.

Shouldn't my bill just be 18£for June and 18£ for July =36? And my 15£ charge returned.

Message 1 of 10
1 ACCEPTED SOLUTION

Accepted Solutions

jonsie
Level 94: Supreme
  • 94347 Posts
  • 611 Topics
  • 7033 Solutions

Vat is always shown seperately on your bill but will always add up to the agreed tariff. It looks very confusing because you had an ongoing bill to pay then they charged and deducted your first new tariff then billed a month in advance for the 12gb tariff. 

So you are paying your original due account and the pro rata for the new account plus one month advance. It looks right. 

Any discount will show as a bolt on and next month's bill will be for the agreed tariff unless you have calls, texts or mms not covered by your allowances. 

View solution in original post

Message 10 of 10
9 REPLIES 9

Anonymous
Not applicable

You may get charged a little extra for the first month as it could be pro rata but if you signed up to an advertised deal then you should pay the price advertised. I'd call customer service & see what they can do

http://www.o2.co.uk/contactus

Message 2 of 10

Valentino
  • 4 Posts
  • 1 Topics
  • 0 Solutions
Hello thanks for the above mentioned information I did call customer support and they said they credited my account with 15£ but I still need to pay 51£ this month.

I'm still confused they in-store advertising clearly said 18£ for 12gb of data but now I might have to pay 24 cause they might add vat on top of that which they didn't on my 15£ charged bill...
Message 3 of 10

MI5
  • 149934 Posts
  • 641 Topics
  • 28564 Solutions
Your discount should be shown as a bolt on in your MyO2.
It will show the full tariff price but when your bill is called from your bank the discount will be applied.
You may have confused things by changing your tariff so quickly though but if customer service have said they will refund you, this won't show until your next bill, so you need to pay what your bill asks for now and then you will be in credit and pay less next month.
Your bill cannot be changed half way through the month, this is just how o2 works with billing I'm afraid.
I have no affiliation whatsoever with O2 or any subsidiary companies. Comments posted are entirely of my own opinion. This is not Customer Service so we are unable to help with account specific issues.
Please select the post that helped you best and mark as the solution. This helps other members in resolving their issues faster. Thank you.
Message 4 of 10

jonsie
  • 94347 Posts
  • 611 Topics
  • 7033 Solutions

Something is badly wrong here. What is showing for your tariff in My O2? Can you possibly show a screenshot of your bill but remove personal details? 

Message 5 of 10

Valentino
  • 4 Posts
  • 1 Topics
  • 0 Solutions

My first bill.

Screenshot_20**Personal info**-**Personal info**.png

And my new bill and tarrif and why is there vat?

Screenshot_20**Personal info**-**Personal info**.png

Screenshot_20**Personal info**-**Personal info**.pnganyone can explain? Thanks.

Message 6 of 10

Anonymous
Not applicable

It looks like they have taken your first month & a month in advance on the new one. Vat is included on all consumer tariffs. I wonder if you have 2 contracts running instead if one. I could be wrong on that 

Message 7 of 10

Valentino
  • 4 Posts
  • 1 Topics
  • 0 Solutions

I guess they charged me for 15£ and also for 18 but how is the 15£ vat included charged as advertised in store but the 18£ had vat excluded in the offer is just being added now after I got the contract

Message 8 of 10

Anonymous
Not applicable

@Valentino I guess you would need to take that up with customer service 

Message 9 of 10

jonsie
  • 94347 Posts
  • 611 Topics
  • 7033 Solutions

Vat is always shown seperately on your bill but will always add up to the agreed tariff. It looks very confusing because you had an ongoing bill to pay then they charged and deducted your first new tariff then billed a month in advance for the 12gb tariff. 

So you are paying your original due account and the pro rata for the new account plus one month advance. It looks right. 

Any discount will show as a bolt on and next month's bill will be for the agreed tariff unless you have calls, texts or mms not covered by your allowances. 

Message 10 of 10