cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Help help help me

Anonymous
Not applicable

Hi there I wanted to see if I can ask what the options are for me
I have been on o2 contract with device since October 2016, I didn't take any insurance and financial unfortunately a relative broke it beyond repair , I'm without any Device so I can't even use my monthly sim,
Is there any sort of option for me where I could get a headset for my 02 so I can get the most of my contract whilst paying for a device which can be spreads in my monthly bill ?
I've been browsing at like n ew phones which look very affordable for me in monthly Device payments

It was a 24 month contract so I've still got ages left I don't like the thought of loosing money for no phone for me to get. In touch with anyone!!!

Message 1 of 8
7 REPLIES 7

gindygoo
Level 25: Hard Hitter
  • 1340 Posts
  • 59 Topics
  • 27 Solutions
Hi there, if you pay off your device in full you can cancel your airtime. Or you might be able to take out another contract, but that would come with a airtime package as well. O2 don't sell phones on a monthly plan without an airtime package attached I'm afraid.
Message 2 of 8

Bambino
Level 84: Resplendent
  • 23191 Posts
  • 1028 Topics
  • 3688 Solutions

@Anonymous  You can use your sim in any phone, so you're not obliged to buy one from O2. If you're looking for an inexpensive phone to tide you over until you can upgrade, take a look on Amazon. I'd advise you to look there rather than eBay, as you'd be more certain that what you get is reputable. Amazon also have a good returns policy.

I DO NOT WORK FOR O2

Funniest-Thread-2
Message 3 of 8

MI5
Level 94: Supreme
  • 144900 Posts
  • 635 Topics
  • 27775 Solutions
Upgrading is your only choice I'm afraid.
Can you not claim off house insurance or any applicable bank account insurance?
I have no affiliation whatsoever with O2 or any subsidiary companies. Comments posted are entirely of my own opinion. This is not Customer Service so we are unable to help with account specific issues.

Currently using:
Pixel 7a (O2 & Lyca), One Plus 6 (Sfr), iPhone 12 Pro Max (Vodafone)
Message 4 of 8

jonsie
  • 93253 Posts
  • 609 Topics
  • 6984 Solutions

Get a cheap phone from O2 or preferably walk into CPW and walk out with an unlocked phone. If the sim size is different the O2 store will swap it for you free.

I had the same issue, my Note 4 was stolen here on New Year's Eve and the only insurance I had here was my bank account in England.  That would have entailed getting a police report, getting it translated into English at a cost of £15, printing off a claim form then using snail mail which takes 10 days to get to the UK and the same length of time for any response. A simple phone call wouldn't cut it so I ended up buying a mid-range phone for little money. I'm still waiting for a replacement sim so I'm using TU.

A little bit of a side issue but what I'm trying to say in my longwinded reply, it is our responsibility to honour the contract in whatever way and in a financial way that we can afford.

A good tip though is home insurance because most policies include personal items up to a certain value for loss or damage.

Message 5 of 8

Curr946
Level 26: Upbeat
  • 2174 Posts
  • 133 Topics
  • 44 Solutions
I'd disagree slightly with the eBay comment. As provided you pay with PayPal your covered if the seller is crooked
Current Phone: Sony Xperia XZ Premium
Message 6 of 8

Cleoriff
  • 123312 Posts
  • 826 Topics
  • 7473 Solutions

@Curr946 wrote:
I'd disagree slightly with the eBay comment. As provided you pay with PayPal your covered if the seller is crooked

I would agree with that re Paypal. The problem is Ebay does seem to be the site that attracts the largest amount of scam sellers. My husband has just settled a claim with Paypal regarding a seller who took his money and failed to deliver the goods ....You have to weigh up the risk (or know the seller and ensure they have a good rating)

Veritas Numquam Perit

Girl in a jacket
Message 7 of 8

MI5
  • 144900 Posts
  • 635 Topics
  • 27775 Solutions
There are honest sellers in eBay but there is a minority who give it a bad rep.
I have no affiliation whatsoever with O2 or any subsidiary companies. Comments posted are entirely of my own opinion. This is not Customer Service so we are unable to help with account specific issues.

Currently using:
Pixel 7a (O2 & Lyca), One Plus 6 (Sfr), iPhone 12 Pro Max (Vodafone)
Message 8 of 8