cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Help Please!

Anonymous
Not applicable

Hello,

I'm looking for some advice. In May last year i bought a new phone, Samsung Galaxy Y, and switched to O2 as the provider I'd been using before didn't have coverage in the area I live in. The phone worked brilliantly for a few months and then in about September I started having problems with it. I could go for days and days without being able to make or receive calls and texts. At first I thought it was because I was in an area with poor signal, but then it started happening in places where I'd previously never had a problem, the centre of town for example. It seems the only way to fix this is to take the sim card out and then put it back in again and the phone with work again until something happens and the problem starts all over again.

I've been to the O2 shop at least three times to speak to them about this and I've had no joy at all. The first person I spoke to thought it might be the sim card so he gave me a new sim card, that worked for a couple of weeks before the problem started again. Then I went back and the person I spoke to was so focussed on trying to upgrade me to a phone & contract I didn't want that I left none the wiser and more than a little bit irritated. The third time the person I spoke to suggested I send it off for a repair. So I did. He took notes of what the problem was and sent it off for me. A week later I get a call asking exactly what the problem with the phone is, so I told them again and then when I get the phone back they say they're unable to find a fault.

The final straw was this Wednesday just gone. My partner and I arrived back from our holiday at 2am. I take my phone out and try to call a taxi but now I'm not even registered o a network so I can't call anyone. So now we're stranded in the middle of the town centre at 2am with all our luggage. Fortunately there was a taxi rank nearby, but I'm still very unhappy about the situation. All holiday I'd had perfect coverage with no issues at all, but I come home and now the problem starts again. Once again, I take the sim card out and put it back in again and it works fine... for a while.

Sorry that's so long winded but the people in the shop aren't interested in the full story! I'd be really grateful for any kind of advice because I'm really stumped and not sure what to do next.

Message 1 of 5
1 ACCEPTED SOLUTION

Accepted Solutions

Bambino
Level 84: Resplendent
  • 23071 Posts
  • 1025 Topics
  • 3675 Solutions

Your best option would be to try to contact Samsung directly. Your phone should still be under warranty. Try this link and see if you can find what you're looking for:

http://www.samsung.com/uk/info/contactus.html

I DO NOT WORK FOR O2

Funniest-Thread-2

View solution in original post

Message 2 of 5
4 REPLIES 4

Bambino
  • 23071 Posts
  • 1025 Topics
  • 3675 Solutions

Your best option would be to try to contact Samsung directly. Your phone should still be under warranty. Try this link and see if you can find what you're looking for:

http://www.samsung.com/uk/info/contactus.html

I DO NOT WORK FOR O2

Funniest-Thread-2
Message 2 of 5

Anonymous
Not applicable

Thank you! I'll have a look slight_smile

Message 3 of 5

Bambino
  • 23071 Posts
  • 1025 Topics
  • 3675 Solutions

You're welcome. Good luck. slight_smile

I DO NOT WORK FOR O2

Funniest-Thread-2
Message 4 of 5

Anonymous
Not applicable
Hopefully Samsung will take this on board but really 02 should resolve this for you.

Have you tried inserting your current sim into another phone to see if the issue resolves which highlights the phone as the issue ?

Don't be bullied or put off by store staff.

Know your rights and be headstrong but polite at the same time if you visit the store again to send it off.

Please let us know how you get on.
Message 5 of 5