Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Help! Do I change contracts or not!

Caroline47
Level 1: Joiner
  • 5 Posts
  • 3 Topics
  • 0 Solutions

Hi I currently have an Online simplicity 20 on which I get unlimited data. I've had this  for 5-6 years. I am currently on the lookout for a new phone, I normally buy my phones outright to go with this contract, but this time I don't no what to do, It probably would be cheaper to take out a new contract that includes a new phone with 1g data due the cost. But am so unsure if I should let the unlimited data contract go! Looking at getting either Samsung s4 or sony z1. 

anyone got any opinions that might help me decide?

Message 1 of 15
14 REPLIES 14

Bambino
Level 84: Resplendent
  • 22941 Posts
  • 1022 Topics
  • 3662 Solutions

I too have unlimited data, and I'm holding onto it for as long as I can. My opinion is you should do the same. O2 are not likely to offer an unlimited data contract again. A new sim free phone will not be cheap, and it's a lot to lay out in one go, but it really does work out better in the long run. You're not tied to a lengthy contract, the phone will be unlocked, and if you keep it in good condition you can sell it for a reasonable price if you want to change phones. 4G coverage is rolling out slowly, but it's still in its infancy, and all the kinks haven't been worked out yet. 3G is still more reliable, and more available. At least for the moment, you should stick with what you've got. 

I DO NOT WORK FOR O2

Funniest-Thread-2
Message 2 of 15

MI5
Level 94: Supreme
  • 143422 Posts
  • 632 Topics
  • 27489 Solutions
Your current contract is certainly worth keeping wink
I have no affiliation whatsoever with O2 or any subsidiary companies. Comments posted are entirely of my own opinion. This is not Customer Service so we are unable to help with account specific issues.

Currently using:
Pixel 7a (O2 & Lyca), One Plus 6 (Sfr), iPhone 12 Pro Max (Vodafone)
Message 3 of 15

Anonymous
Not applicable
I'll have your unlimited data and I'll buy you a phone !

Seriously keep your legacy unlimited data tariff.
Message 4 of 15

Caroline47
  • 5 Posts
  • 3 Topics
  • 0 Solutions

Thanks for reply! Iknow ur right its hard! just need to decide on phone now lol iphone5s or samsung s4 or Sony z1. whats ur thoughts?

Message 5 of 15

Bambino
Level 84: Resplendent
  • 22941 Posts
  • 1022 Topics
  • 3662 Solutions

It's a matter of personal choice. S4 and Z1, bigger screen and Android. iPhone 5S, well....

I DO NOT WORK FOR O2

Funniest-Thread-2
Message 6 of 15

Anonymous
Not applicable

@Caroline47 wrote:

Thanks for reply! Iknow ur right its hard! just need to decide on phone now lol iphone5s or samsung s4 or Sony z1. whats ur thoughts?

Whats most important for you with a phone?

Message 7 of 15

Anonymous
Not applicable
I'd suggest going to the high street shops to have a go with the working demo models to get a feel for the phone and it's operating system.
Message 8 of 15

Caroline47
  • 5 Posts
  • 3 Topics
  • 0 Solutions

I have never had an android before, had iphone 3gs then iphone 4s. But kinda feel like i need a change but am scared I wont like android! 

Battery life and camrea are important to me

Message 9 of 15

Anonymous
Not applicable

@Caroline47 wrote:

I have never had an android before, had iphone 3gs then iphone 4s. But kinda feel like i need a change but am scared I wont like android! 

Battery life and camrea are important to me

Battery life, all much of a muchness with high end phones, you get through a day with them and then need a charge basically.

Camera - I would put them in this order:

5S

S3

Z1

Putting the Z1 at the end may seem surprising, but the firmware/hardware/whatever is just not right still so the pictures don't come out as well as they should!

Out of them all as well the 5S is the fastest and most responsive.

Android is VERY flexible, which can be both a positive and a negative.

Owned all of them, which would I keep? The 5S.

Message 10 of 15