cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Haven't signed CCA, changed my mind about the whole thing want to cancel but having difficulty.

Anonymous
Not applicable

Hi all, I'll try to keep this short and sweet. 

I ordered a new phone with a 24month CCA, chose to click and collect but after I had placed the order and it told me it wouldn't be ready to collect until October 3rd, I changed my mind and went into store instead to get it. They told me to just ring up and cancel my other order once I get the confirmation email. I received a bunch of legal documents which included: The link to the Pay Monthly T&C which I clicked on, key info, SECCI and the Phone Plan CCA. I also received the confirmation email with my order number and reference number for pick up, which also says 'we'll email you when your device is ready to collect' I called up to try and cancel it but was told that they couldn't find it yet and I had to wait until I got the email telling me I could collect it. I've been waiting 4 days and nothings come through. So I checked all the legal documents only to realise that there's a space at the bottom of the CCA for you to sign. 

What will happen if I don't sign it? I no longer want to enter it so I'm not going to sign it. But is not signing it preventing the order from going through so I can properlly cancel it?? It's really stressful. The order isn't on My o2 and the email saying it's ready to collect still hasn't come through. 

Do I just need to be patient and wait for the email? Because there is a 14 day cancellation period and I don't want to miss it obviously. Any advice would be much appreciated. 

Message 1 of 4
1 ACCEPTED SOLUTION

Accepted Solutions

MI5
Level 94: Supreme
  • 144166 Posts
  • 634 Topics
  • 27624 Solutions
The order cannot proceed until you sign so it will just expire if not signed.
You don't actually have anything to cancel on that order yet.
I have no affiliation whatsoever with O2 or any subsidiary companies. Comments posted are entirely of my own opinion. This is not Customer Service so we are unable to help with account specific issues.

Currently using:
Pixel 7a (O2 & Lyca), One Plus 6 (Sfr), iPhone 12 Pro Max (Vodafone)

View solution in original post

Message 2 of 4
3 REPLIES 3

MI5
  • 144166 Posts
  • 634 Topics
  • 27624 Solutions
The order cannot proceed until you sign so it will just expire if not signed.
You don't actually have anything to cancel on that order yet.
I have no affiliation whatsoever with O2 or any subsidiary companies. Comments posted are entirely of my own opinion. This is not Customer Service so we are unable to help with account specific issues.

Currently using:
Message 2 of 4

Anonymous
Not applicable

Thanks for the quick reply. Do you know if the whole order would expire, or would the Pay monthly agreement still go through and they'd only give me a SIM (Or expect me to pay the phone in full)? I know that if you don't pick up the order within 7 days they cancel it anyway I just want this off my mind haha. 

Message 3 of 4

MI5
  • 144166 Posts
  • 634 Topics
  • 27624 Solutions
Nothing will proceed as it's all linked together with refresh.

Currently using:
Message 4 of 4