cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Not able to text or call UK from France

Anonymous
Not applicable

day 3 in France - have asked three times to sort out why I can't make calls - three times they have told me they have sorted but still I can't make calls!!

Message 1 of 8
7 REPLIES 7

Cleoriff
Level 94: Supreme
  • 122905 Posts
  • 826 Topics
  • 7468 Solutions

@AnonymousHave you tried a manual network search? Have you enough credit and allowances on your phone?

Veritas Numquam Perit

Girl in a jacket
Message 2 of 8

MI5
  • 144312 Posts
  • 634 Topics
  • 27660 Solutions
Can you give us a bit more info please?
Any phone signal at all?
Is anything working, such as data?
Type of phone and contract?
I have no affiliation whatsoever with O2 or any subsidiary companies. Comments posted are entirely of my own opinion. This is not Customer Service so we are unable to help with account specific issues.

Currently using:
Pixel 7a (O2 & Lyca), One Plus 6 (Sfr), iPhone 12 Pro Max (Vodafone)
Message 3 of 8

Anonymous
Not applicable

Yes - tried it all.  customer services keep saying they have removed the bar on my account but that was yesterday.  I have plenty of credit as I pay monthly

Message 4 of 8

Anonymous
Not applicable

Hi

I have signal.  We have a house here so have an orange box for wifi.  Plenty of credit as I pay monthly and hardly used it.  Samsung S3 - tearing my hair out!!

Message 5 of 8

MI5
  • 144312 Posts
  • 634 Topics
  • 27660 Solutions
Is it a PAYG account?
Have you rebooted the phone since yesterday?
I have no affiliation whatsoever with O2 or any subsidiary companies. Comments posted are entirely of my own opinion. This is not Customer Service so we are unable to help with account specific issues.

Currently using:
Pixel 7a (O2 & Lyca), One Plus 6 (Sfr), iPhone 12 Pro Max (Vodafone)
Message 6 of 8

Cleoriff
  • 122905 Posts
  • 826 Topics
  • 7468 Solutions

@Anonymous wrote:

Yes - tried it all.  customer services keep saying they have removed the bar on my account but that was yesterday.  I have plenty of credit as I pay monthly

What bar on your account @Anonymous?

Veritas Numquam Perit

Girl in a jacket
Message 7 of 8

jezza1234
Level 12: Nimble
  • 341 Posts
  • 25 Topics
  • 7 Solutions

Hi I had a similar issue earlier this year. I couldn't make calls to the UK from spain or France despite being a pay monthly customer. I could dial numbers from my phone book but no others. 

After having a VERY deep and meaningful conversation with someone from C.S whilst over in France it transpired that although I had no calling bars in place there was a deep and hidden call bar that can be placed on your account when you take it out that prevents you making international calls from your home country.

Apparantly with the new rules in place re calling and txt from EU zone countries that call bar can prevent you from making certain calls whilst outside of the U.K in the Euro Zone.

Interestingly this didn't happen with the old travel bolt on as I never experienced it until after the change in rules.

It may be best to get onto C.S and ask them to ensure there are no call bars of any description on there including the bar preventing you making international calls. 

Mine was sorted in the end and I got a £10 credit on my airtime bill for the inconvenience.

Hope this helps 

Message 8 of 8