Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Getting No Help

Jay1972211
Level 1: Joiner
  • 10 Posts
  • 2 Topics
  • 0 Solutions

So placed an order on Saturday for an aditional contract. Was told I would be likely to pass the credit check on those checks they do before you confirm your order then went through checkout and it said "We need to take a look at your application. Hold tight and we'll get back to you within 24 hours."

So obviously it was the weekend but can't get through to anyone on social media. Managed to get through eventually to customer services who then said putting you through to someone. Some bloke answered from "Business services" and just said, "wrong department, I'm not talking to you" Then hung up!

What type of customer service is that, could of least but me through to the right department or learned some manners.

Message 1 of 8
7 REPLIES 7

jonsie
Level 94: Supreme
  • 93258 Posts
  • 609 Topics
  • 6984 Solutions

Looks like you should contact the sales team as they can help with that – message them on Social Media if that works best for you

See links below

Or you can call them from 8am to 8pm on 0808 002 0202 or 0800 081 0255

Message 2 of 8

Jay1972211
Level 1: Joiner
  • 10 Posts
  • 2 Topics
  • 0 Solutions

Finally got it sorted.

55 minutes on hold to customer services, then another 45 minutes to sort out the problem

Message 3 of 8

jonsie
Level 94: Supreme
  • 93258 Posts
  • 609 Topics
  • 6984 Solutions
Message 4 of 8

DavvyB
  • 1 Posts
  • 0 Topics
  • 0 Solutions

Can you tell us how you got it sorted? I have the exact same problem and have called O2 at least 43 times and the customer service is appalling! They are seriously causing me mental health issues. Your on hold 49 mins then cut off or no one knows what your talking about. Please help 

Message 5 of 8

Oxonian
Level 29: Intuitive
  • 6426 Posts
  • 114 Topics
  • 22 Solutions

@DavvyB 

if you are asking that of @Jay1972211, you need to tag thus. 

Have you considered contacting O2 by social media ? The social media team are well thought of and, whilst you might need to remind them once or twice, are much easier to deal with than hanging on the 'phone. You have already been given their contact details in @jonsie's footer, and they are also in :-

Guide: How to find help & contact O2  

Message 6 of 8

Jay1972211
  • 10 Posts
  • 2 Topics
  • 0 Solutions

It took a couple of attempts. First time I got put through to the wrong department who then cut me off! I was not happy.

Anyway called back just before midday, spent 50 mins'ish on hold then got put through to someone in customer services. Sounded like they were in a distant call centre, was hard to hear to be honest. Anway mine was a credit checking issue, they dissapeared and said would be right back. Twenty mins later, I kid you not, they came back, said the order had got stuck and to cancel it and replace it. No chance, that would mean getting credit checked again, so I told them that they went back to whatever it was they were doing, and then said it should be sorted.

Now my order said passed credit check but still couldn't complete checkout, just kept saying there was a problem and put me back to my basket. The chap stayed on the phone all this time. Said to cancel the order and he would do it. I wasn't comfortable with that but he was going through the order etc and while he was doing that I gave it one last go and this time the order completed.

At which point he was still reading out the terms and conditions!

Anyway I did get it sorted but feel I was quite lucky to, the first person I spoke to was clueless and clearly was trying to get rid of me. Think its the luck of the draw to be honest. Some people say trying at 8am.

Someone did get back to me on Twitter, eventually, three days later so maybe try on there if possible?

Message 7 of 8

pgn
Level 75: Digital Don
  • 36535 Posts
  • 235 Topics
  • 1624 Solutions

@Jay1972211 

Someone did get back to me on Twitter, eventually, three days later so maybe try on there if possible?

About par for the course for Twitter, I got a response at 08:05 on a Sunday morning, which resulted in a refund issued a couple of days later:

https://community.o2.co.uk/t5/Other-Products-and-Services/O2-Web-Top-Up-not-recognising-a-valid-O2-P...

Message 8 of 8