Did you mean: 

Fraud On New account

skc2003
Level 1: Joiner
  • 7 Posts
  • 1 Topics
  • 0 Solutions

Hi all

Wondering if someone can help me with this.

I ordered a new phone and pay monthly plan last Thursday, all was accepted and O2 sent me all the documentation and tracking link.

On friday I try and log into my account and it won't let me in, when I finally do get in my account is missing.  I phone customer services who tell me the account is locked out due to fraud (bear in mind I don't even have the phone or sim as yet) Speaking to customer service they cannot access the account as it's locked, I need to speak to fraud team.  The address details that have been assigned to account is not the one I used on my order even know the bank details are correct.  Fraud won't speak to me because I cannot provide the ID with the address linked to the account.  

So as it stands, O2 are taking the money.  I have no phone or sim, I cannot access the account, customer service cannot access the account or cancel it and fraud won't speak to me either.  So I am complety stuck with paying for something I cannot use.  To make matters worse the fraud team won't even phone you it has to be done over email!!

Does anyone have any suggestions as I have run out of ideas

Message 1 of 15
14 REPLIES 14

skc2003
  • 7 Posts
  • 1 Topics
  • 0 Solutions

Unfortunately not.. She is unable to access my account.

It's still not resolved and fraud are taking hours to reply to me via email which is the only way they will speak to you.  I have never known service like it.. 

I now have to decide whether I reject the phone tomorrow as no one seems to be able to tell me when this will be resolved.. 

Message 11 of 15

pgn
Level 75: Digital Don
  • 37205 Posts
  • 238 Topics
  • 1697 Solutions

Assuming, @skc2003, that the consignment is delivered to your actual address and not the one currently on your account... 😱

I find it odd that even the O2 Account Advisor cannot get at it, or convince the Fraud Team to give an assessment for you and/or cancel the order.

Message 12 of 15

skc2003
  • 7 Posts
  • 1 Topics
  • 0 Solutions

Well that is that I am hoping, I have checked the delivery and it’s at the local depot not anywhere near the address that is actually on the account.

I know it’s madness isn’t it, a brand new phone and connection and no one but a team that are only contactable by email can access it.  

All I know is that fraud have passed it on to the team to get resolved. No mention of how long it will take, no mention of what is wrong nothing. The service is so poor, the fact they (fraud) cannot even speak to me is a joke. I now just have to sit and wait until they reply. I even chased it tonight and nothing.. 

Message 13 of 15

skc2003
  • 7 Posts
  • 1 Topics
  • 0 Solutions

Well it's been 24hrs since I provided the documentation and nothing.  All I have been told is that its been passed to the team for a resolution.. 

Regardless I will be returning the phone today, after this experience O2 will never be used again!! 

Message 14 of 15

JemP
  • 2 Posts
  • 1 Topics
  • 0 Solutions

I have this problem too phone deliverer can’t use the sim as fraud have had my account for over 10 days and no one’s contacted me tried to cancel couldn’t as with fraud 

Message 15 of 15