Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

False Credit score

EHalstead
Level 1: Joiner
  • 2 Posts
  • 1 Topics
  • 0 Solutions

I am applying for a mortgage and currently having issues based on a bad credit score, despite my credit score actually being faultless.

however, O2 have created an account in my name in error and have put incorrect invoices on it.

I used a pre-paid pay as you go SIM card with O2 temporarily until I got my new Vodafone contract and they had some sort of system error because my number was originally an o2 number back in about 2017.

They opened a pay monthly account in my name without me knowing or requesting it. They were trying to invoice me for it but obviously didn’t have any payment details for me because I didn’t set it up.

I kept calling them and they kept saying it was resolved, but they kept invoicing me. I thought I had finally got it resolved early last year and they stopped invoicing however, it’s showing that I didn’t pay an invoice for £28 for four months which is wrong because it should never have been raised in the first place!

I have been on hold today on 4 occasions, each for over an hour and a half, but nobody is helping.

all I need is a letter stating it is an error of O2, otherwise my mortgage will be rejected!

please help

Message 1 of 4
3 REPLIES 3

MI5
Level 94: Supreme
  • 145040 Posts
  • 635 Topics
  • 27831 Solutions

@EHalstead 

You need to contact the CFR Team.

The email address is creditfilereferrals@telefonica.com
Or you can write or fax them:
Credit File Referrals Team
Suite P
Arlington Business Centre
Leeds
LS11 0NE
Fax 0113 2025865

I have no affiliation whatsoever with O2 or any subsidiary companies. Comments posted are entirely of my own opinion. This is not Customer Service so we are unable to help with account specific issues.

Currently using:
Pixel 7a (O2 & Lyca), One Plus 6 (Sfr), iPhone 12 Pro Max (Vodafone)
>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>
Message 2 of 4

EHalstead
Level 1: Joiner
  • 2 Posts
  • 1 Topics
  • 0 Solutions

Thanks @MI5 

is there a way of contacting them in person at all?

we are about to lose the mortgage application today if we can’t provide a letter from o2 before 6pm stating that it is an o2 error and not my credit issue!

Message 3 of 4

MI5
Level 94: Supreme
  • 145040 Posts
  • 635 Topics
  • 27831 Solutions

@EHalstead 

Unfortunately those are the only details available.

Would adding a notice of correction yourself help?

Notice of Correction | Experian

I have no affiliation whatsoever with O2 or any subsidiary companies. Comments posted are entirely of my own opinion. This is not Customer Service so we are unable to help with account specific issues.

Currently using:
Pixel 7a (O2 & Lyca), One Plus 6 (Sfr), iPhone 12 Pro Max (Vodafone)
>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>
Message 4 of 4