Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

End of contract

Jake7
Level 1: Joiner
  • 2 Posts
  • 1 Topics
  • 0 Solutions
My contract ends in July, and want to move to sim only from a different supplier.. Do I have to wait until contract ends to do this, or can I move now?
Message 1 of 5
4 REPLIES 4

Cleoriff
Level 94: Supreme
  • 123369 Posts
  • 826 Topics
  • 7476 Solutions

Hi @Jake7 

You can move but you will be liable for all charges until contract end. (unless the 3rd party supplier has offered to buy out your contract)

If you want to keep your number

https://www.o2.co.uk/help/phones-sims-and-devices/how-to-keep-your-mobile-number 

Veritas Numquam Perit

Girl in a jacket
Message 2 of 5

Jake7
Level 1: Joiner
  • 2 Posts
  • 1 Topics
  • 0 Solutions
Thanks for quick response... So I'd be best advised to wait until contract ends and then cancel any renewal and sign up to new sim only deal elsewhere?
Message 3 of 5

Cleoriff
Level 94: Supreme
  • 123369 Posts
  • 826 Topics
  • 7476 Solutions

@Jake7 

It's entirely up to you. I have no idea of your financial circumstances or how much your monthly bill is.

If it was me, I would leave it until nearer contract end then upgrade through the 3rd party.

If you are staying with O2 via 3rd party, then no need to cancel contract. Call O2 and ask them to migrate your number across. This will effectively end current contract.

Veritas Numquam Perit

Girl in a jacket
Message 4 of 5

bigdavie88
Level 9: Fired up
  • 144 Posts
  • 1 Topics
  • 14 Solutions

If your moving to a different supplier there will be some form of overlap between the two.

Take out the new sim only contract a few days before your o2 contract ends. If you want to keep the same number call o2 and ask for your PAC code. Give your PAC code to your new supplier and as soon as your number ports over your o2 contract will end.

If your not keeping your number you need to give 30 day notice to cancel so be mindful of this for dates etc.

Message 5 of 5