cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Email address for customer support??

Anonymous
Not applicable

I've tried cancelling the renewal of my contract in the past but they've refused to do it. Now it is exactly 30 days before it runs out I'm trying to cancel the renewal again. (Apparently you have to give exactly 30 days notice to cancel, not a minimum of 30 days!) How awkward is it that you have to phone up exactly 30 days before the contract runs out to do this... What if you're not able to phone on that exact day? Ridiculous o2.

Anyway, now it is that day and I'm trying to phone up and cancel the renewal again. But big suprise! I just get cut off every time because the lines are "to busy". And I get told to go to the o2 website but there's no way to cancel it here and they have removed all options to email them from your account as far as I can tell! So I'm probably not going to be able to cancel until tomorrow or later and then they'll say "you didn't give 30 days notice so we can't cancel it now!". Seriously, screw you o2. I thought this service was great when I first signed up. I've been on o2 for 10 years now, mostly pay as you go and then contract for the past 3 years. You just lost a long time customer. Nice job.

So all that aside... Can anyone tell me the email address for o2 support? I want to email them my cancelation of the renewal of my contract so i have proof that I did it if I can't get through to them on the phone. Thanks people!

Message 1 of 24
23 REPLIES 23

Anonymous
Not applicable

The info from online chat is very misleading, if you contact o2 on 11th november then they will start your 30 day notice on that date,  I find best time to ring is from 8 am in mornings as not usual as busy then, don't forget if you want to keep your mobile number to ask for your pac code so you can take number to a different network, hope you get it sorted.

Message 11 of 24

Anonymous
Not applicable

so you guys are saying i do have to give 30 days notice? i've got proof of that conversation now and i've phoned them in the past and today trying to stop the renewal of my contract. they keep telling me i will have to pay termination fees which is why i clearly explain i don't want to cancel it now, i just don't want it renewing. they make it so difficult. the contract was only for 2 years anyway so really i shouldn't have to do anything.

edit: i've given my notice anyway in my eyes come to think of it...

Message 12 of 24

Anonymous
Not applicable

If they are talking about temination fees are you sure you have got the date correct, Is 13th november the date you took out the contract or the date you can upgrade? As you may have an early upgrade date of more than 30 days in which case you would have temination fees if you cancelled on the upgrade date.

Message 13 of 24

perksie
Level 69: Guiding Light
  • 27019 Posts
  • 247 Topics
  • 1614 Solutions

@Anonymous wrote:

so you guys are saying i do have to give 30 days notice? i've got proof of that conversation now and i've phoned them in the past and today trying to stop the renewal of my contract. they keep telling me i will have to pay termination fees which is why i clearly explain i don't want to cancel it now, i just don't want it renewing. they make it so difficult. the contract was only for 2 years anyway so really i shouldn't have to do anything.

edit: i've given my notice anyway in my eyes come to think of it...

You would be better off phoning in to confirm this, I think you've been given the wrong information.

To support Disasters Emergency Committee: http://www.dec.org.uk/appeals text Nepal to 70000 to send £5

Sky Unlimited Broadband - Windows 10 - Nexus 4 Android 5.1.1
Message 14 of 24

Anonymous
Not applicable

well the 13th of november is when that guy on chat says my contract runs out. on my account it says renewal date is the 14th of november, but i'm allowed a one month early upgrade on the 15th of october.

i have phoned them in the past and the guy on the phone wouldn't let me cancel the renewal without paying a termination fee. he also said my service would be cut off right away. i made it very clear to him that i didn't want to cancel it at that point, i just didn't want it to renew but he wouldn't do it. so i said shall i phone up 30 days before then, and he said yes. it's 30 days before so i try phoning today but it cuts me off every time because the lines are "to busy". coincidence? hmmm suspicious! if i phone up again i think i'm just going to go through the same thing, if they answer that is! i'll give it another shot though and post back here to let you know what happens. cheers guys.

Edit: Tried phoning again but it gives me the same bs...

Message 15 of 24

Anonymous
Not applicable

If they had taken your cancellation before the 14th October then there would have been termination fees, I think lines will be busy with everyone complaining about fridays loss of service, good luck with getting through. 

Message 16 of 24

Anonymous
Not applicable
Well I managed to get through on the phone today after a 20 minute wait and gave the 30 days notice to not have it renew. Sorted as far as I'm aware. They gave me false info on the 2 occasions I contacted them before so beware of this people!
Message 17 of 24

jonsie
Level 94: Supreme
  • 93253 Posts
  • 609 Topics
  • 6984 Solutions
Message 18 of 24

perksie
Level 69: Guiding Light
  • 27019 Posts
  • 247 Topics
  • 1614 Solutions

That's a result, something not right with CS just now obviously.

To support Disasters Emergency Committee: http://www.dec.org.uk/appeals text Nepal to 70000 to send £5

Sky Unlimited Broadband - Windows 10 - Nexus 4 Android 5.1.1
Message 19 of 24

asm212
Level 1: Joiner
  • 2 Posts
  • 1 Topics
  • 0 Solutions

which is what??  can you just type it out? I dont see your signature

Message 20 of 24