cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Early upgrade to the iPhone 6 plus - cancelled the order and want to share my experience

Anonymous
Not applicable

Hi, I'm new to this so firstly I will try not to go on to much but i'm looking for somebody who has had the same issue as i'm currently having. 

On friday 12/09/2014 i paid an early upgrade fee of £57 to get the iphone 6 plus on pre order and i also paid £199 for the handset due to the tarrif i chose. Over the weekend after consideration i decided that i did not want to go ahead with the upgrade and sunday evening i spoke to an advisor on the live chat service who said that she had cancelled my order and i would get my money refunded to me, i just needed to call 202. 

Today (Monday 15/09/14) I spoke to a customer service advisor on 202 to make sure my payment was being refunded to be told that i could only get the £199 refunded in 3-5 business days, however i can not get back the early upgrade fee. After a much disputed coveration i asked to speak to the advisors manager because i was never told that i wouldn't get my upgrade fee back, if i had known this i would have continued with my order!!

So far today i have had 5 conversations with 5 different people, and guess what i've had a different answer each time. A long story short i've been told i cannot get the upgrade fee back, i was then told i could get the upgrade fee back because i wasn't made aware when i requested to cancel. Now it's been left with speaking to another manager that i will get the £199 fee refunded back to me aswell as the £57 upgrade fee because the order didn't get past processing, and my contract renewal date still stands at 8th december 2014 and i'm not in a new deal with them.. I'm still a little doubtful about this as the manager said the payment will automatically be refunded to me within 6 working days... 

has any one else had a similar situation? As i can't believe how poor o2's customer service has been! How long do you guys think it will take for the payment to be refunded to me?

Message 1 of 7
1 ACCEPTED SOLUTION

Accepted Solutions

Anonymous
Not applicable
Hi and Welcome.

It's a reasonable assumption to expect to be told everything you need to know before refunding / cancelling any order.

Terms & Conditions are here http://www.o2.co.uk/termsandconditions/mobile/our-latest-pay-monthly-mobile-agreement if you wish to look over them.

If the refund fails to happen then perhaps either ring O2 on 202 again or fill in this form for resolution.

http://www.o2.co.uk/how-to-complain/complain

View solution in original post

Message 2 of 7
6 REPLIES 6

Anonymous
Not applicable
Hi and Welcome.

It's a reasonable assumption to expect to be told everything you need to know before refunding / cancelling any order.

Terms & Conditions are here http://www.o2.co.uk/termsandconditions/mobile/our-latest-pay-monthly-mobile-agreement if you wish to look over them.

If the refund fails to happen then perhaps either ring O2 on 202 again or fill in this form for resolution.

http://www.o2.co.uk/how-to-complain/complain
Message 2 of 7

MI5
Level 94: Supreme
  • 144206 Posts
  • 634 Topics
  • 27635 Solutions
It does state in the speed to refresh T&C's that early upgrade fees will not be refunded, sorry.
"Understand and agree that if you change your mind you won't be able to go back to your previous airtime tariff or get a refund on your Speed to Refresh Fee. However, you'll still have the right to change your mind about the device or cancel completely as set out in paragraph 8 below."
From here: http://www.o2.co.uk/termsandconditions/rewards/speed-to-refresh
I have no affiliation whatsoever with O2 or any subsidiary companies. Comments posted are entirely of my own opinion. This is not Customer Service so we are unable to help with account specific issues.

Currently using:
Pixel 7a (O2 & Lyca), One Plus 6 (Sfr), iPhone 12 Pro Max (Vodafone)
Message 3 of 7

Anonymous
Not applicable

Thanks for the replies.

Yes i see that, however my upgrade hasn't even gone through, my tarriff has not changed and the plan hasn't changed, meaning my contract will still expire on the initial date of 8th december..when i go onto the upgrade section of My02 it says i have to pay £57 to upgrade...

if the contract had been adjusted then i can understand because the changes have gone through.. however mine has not. You would think that o2 would have a duty to remind their customers that there could be charges incurred from changing your mind... 

Message 4 of 7

MI5
  • 144206 Posts
  • 634 Topics
  • 27635 Solutions
Yes, I can see your point.
All I can suggest is to keep calling 202 until you get an operator willing to help further.....
I have no affiliation whatsoever with O2 or any subsidiary companies. Comments posted are entirely of my own opinion. This is not Customer Service so we are unable to help with account specific issues.

Currently using:
Message 5 of 7

Anonymous
Not applicable

I've also been in a similar situation where I've been told I can exchange my phone but then told I couldn't.  It appears to be rife with in O2 where they misinform customers or omit key details that should be told to customers.

Message 6 of 7

MI5
  • 144206 Posts
  • 634 Topics
  • 27635 Solutions
We know live chat get it wrong on a regular basis but in fairness all the correct T&C's are listed on the website and are easy for anyone to check themselves.

Currently using:
Message 7 of 7