Early cancellation fee removal: 14 day “Change your Mind”

lejwals
Level 1: Joiner
  • 2 Posts
  • 1 Topics
  • 0 Solutions

IMG_1651.jpeg

Hi,

I recently took out a contract for 12 months. I am within my 14 day cooling off period, and I’ve already given my PAC code to my new provider as I cannot do a contract. I rung today to confirm, and the final bill includes my early termination fee, and according to the terms I should NOT have to pay this fee. I was put through to ‘customer services’ as the advisor said, and when they did so it IMMEDIATELY hung up.

How can I go about getting my bill amended as I only owe what I have used on my airtime according to terms. I am extremely anxious about this — I cannot afford this at the moment (the termination fee). 

Additionally, I’ve hardly used o2 services.

Thanks

Message 1 of 4
1 ACCEPTED SOLUTION

Accepted Solutions

madasaf1sh
Level 76: Forum Legend
  • 10197 Posts
  • 55 Topics
  • 3012 Solutions

@lejwals 

You will need to call o2 in the morning, and speak to Customer Services, best time to call is when they open.  You can also try the payment management team on 0800 902 0217, and they will be able to advise

- Xperia 1V - o2 and Spusu
- Pixel 8 Pro - o2 and Vodafone UK

View solution in original post

Message 2 of 4
3 REPLIES 3

madasaf1sh
  • 10197 Posts
  • 55 Topics
  • 3012 Solutions

@lejwals 

You will need to call o2 in the morning, and speak to Customer Services, best time to call is when they open.  You can also try the payment management team on 0800 902 0217, and they will be able to advise

Message 2 of 4

lejwals
  • 2 Posts
  • 1 Topics
  • 0 Solutions

Hi, just double checking that I am able to get this removed. So I call this number and tell them and they’ll remove it?

Message 3 of 4

madasaf1sh
  • 10197 Posts
  • 55 Topics
  • 3012 Solutions

@lejwals 

This is a peer to peer forum, and can't say what they will say, or whether they will remove it, we are not employees of o2.

Your best bet is to ring up and see what they say.

Message 4 of 4