cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Dreadful service in Lancaster, Lancashire

Anonymous
Not applicable

Hi all 

i am so mad, I am a lonof time customer of O2' over 5 years , I live in Lancaster Lancashire and for over 10 days now the service has been appalling, signal dropping out, no service , searching for signal, phone disconnecting as and when i manage to get signal, sometimes no signal for hours, no texts being delivered, incoming calls going straight to voicemail. I have called O2 so many times, been on live chat 4 times, only to be told itching can be done and its my handset ( iPhone 4S) . And then I check the live coverage and find out a mast is down. And it's still down and has been now for well over a week. And no sign of it getting better, no information about when a fix is thought to be due. One advisor told me two days ago that signal in my area was great, I had to ask her to check the mast site, only for told say oh yes you are write that was a typo your mast is down !!!

Not only is my personal O2 phone down but it is also affecting my business mobile. No offer of help, no offer of compensation, no idea when service will be restored. I pay over £50 a month for my personal tariff, can't not believe how shabby the O2 service has become. 

Message 1 of 19
18 REPLIES 18

perksie
Level 69: Guiding Light
  • 27019 Posts
  • 247 Topics
  • 1614 Solutions

@Anonymous wrote:

For many of us the telecoms services are nearly as essential as the other services.  How long would you be prepared to go without water, sewage or power?

Possibly months like the people in the West Country!

I doubt you are the only one with service issues and I'm sure it will be fixed as soon as possible.

To support Disasters Emergency Committee: http://www.dec.org.uk/appeals text Nepal to 70000 to send £5

Sky Unlimited Broadband - Windows 10 - Nexus 4 Android 5.1.1
Message 11 of 19

Bambino
Level 84: Resplendent
  • 23191 Posts
  • 1028 Topics
  • 3688 Solutions

Sorry, but ten days isn't long enough to warrant you cancelling your contracts, especially as O2 have posted that they are aware of the problem and are working to fix it. And as you have admitted yourself, the service up to now has been excellent.

I DO NOT WORK FOR O2

Funniest-Thread-2
Message 12 of 19

Anonymous
Not applicable

So as suggested I have tried on two different phones at 16:35 today from LA2 0PN.  I have had them on 3g and 2g and I still have the same problem with both of them - I hear perfectly ok but my voice constantly breaks up and is unintelligible to the other person.

According to the O2 status page they have been working on the masts but it's all oaky now - it isn't.

I drove from central Lancaster to home in south Lancaster.  Initially the call quality was fine but when I got within .25 - .5 miles from LA2 0PN the person I was speaking to said that they couldn't hear me any more and hung up.

There is still a network issue.

Message 13 of 19

Anonymous
Not applicable

Just for balance I'm not suggesting O2 are worse than the other networks and in fact I've been recommending them for years.  usually I can always be sure whereever I am to get enough signal to make a voice call.

I was with orange for years unitl I lost service at home and at my place of work on a commercial site in central Lancaster.

After days of frustration orange eventually told me that they had decommissioned a mast in central Lancaster and had no plans to recommission it, so dozens of commercial orange users were left out in the cold.

And, and I swear that this is true, they told me that they knew the the mast serving LA2 0PN had been running on reduced power for weeks but they couldn't find an engineer to climb the mast to fix it.  It's unbelievable.  Needless to say I cancelled my orange cotracts and will never go with them again.

It's really the lack of transparency and talking to customer advisors who appear to know nothing about network status that frustrates me.

Message 14 of 19

Anonymous
Not applicable
That I can understand ok things go wrong and need fixing but I do think O2 could give out a bit more info sometimes
Message 15 of 19

Rcg1
Level 1: Joiner
  • 1 Posts
  • 0 Topics
  • 0 Solutions

I'm so sick of poor reception and being told everything is fine when it patently is not where I live but not outside the patch that I am leaving o2 after 20+ years. 

Message 16 of 19

madasaf1sh
Level 76: Forum Legend
  • 10268 Posts
  • 55 Topics
  • 3021 Solutions

Good Luck, just make sure to do some network tests via some PAYG sim cards @Rcg1  otherwise you will be stuck in a contract for a network that doesnt work either.. 

As all networks suffer from Not spots...

- Xperia 1V - o2 and Spusu
- Pixel 8 Pro - o2 and Vodafone UK
Message 17 of 19

Enlli
Level 65: Ultra-cool
  • 6753 Posts
  • 50 Topics
  • 1509 Solutions

Wow, resurrecting a 9 year old thread!

This is not O2 and we are all customers here similar to yourself and cannot answer account type queries.
Message 18 of 19

Bambino
Level 84: Resplendent
  • 23191 Posts
  • 1028 Topics
  • 3688 Solutions

@Rcg1 If you want to leave follow this guide: Cancelling your contract - An updated guide - O2 Community

I DO NOT WORK FOR O2

Funniest-Thread-2
Message 19 of 19