Did you mean: 

Double charged by O2

JoshuaPSmith
Level 1: Joiner
  • 1 Posts
  • 1 Topics
  • 0 Solutions

Hi there,

The last few months, I’ve been charged twice for all in app purchases. Apple Pay charges my bank account, and the exact same charge gets added to my tariff and is shown on my “things you’ve bought” section in the “My 02” app.

I have notified Apple about this, gone through the refund process but they keep rejecting my claims. I’ve emailed Apple and once again, they’ve been very little help, despite providing clear evidence of the double charges.
Apple denied the refund request despite proof of invoices, o2 bill and bank statements.
O2 said they would refund on the next bill, and haven’t. Told someone would call within 5 days. Didn’t. Now saying to dispute with the bank, but the bank refuse because I did make the payments.
Any advice?
(Sorry if this has been posted in the wrong board, was unsure on which one to use)

Message 1 of 3
2 REPLIES 2

madasaf1sh
Level 76: Forum Legend
  • 10180 Posts
  • 55 Topics
  • 3012 Solutions

@JoshuaPSmith 

If apple are denying the refund then o2 certainly arent going to do anything you need to keep persevering with Apple and if need be email Tim Cook, if you are not getting anywhere,

The problem you have is that Apple are passing the charges onto o2, Apple need to approved the refunds..

Sorry but this is purely something for Apple to sort

- Xperia 1V - o2 and Spusu
- Pixel 8 Pro - o2 and Vodafone UK
Message 2 of 3

MI5
Level 94: Supreme
  • 144410 Posts
  • 634 Topics
  • 27678 Solutions

@JoshuaPSmith 

Apply a charge to mobile bar on your O2 account to prevent any further charges whilst this gets sorted out.

Guide: O2 BARs 

Guide: How to find help & contact O2 

I have no affiliation whatsoever with O2 or any subsidiary companies. Comments posted are entirely of my own opinion. This is not Customer Service so we are unable to help with account specific issues.

Currently using:
Pixel 7a (O2 & Lyca), One Plus 6 (Sfr), iPhone 12 Pro Max (Vodafone)
Message 3 of 3